Fallout 4

Goran

Bloodbugs are fucking arseholes. Dealing with super-mutants has been relatively ok for me (I'm only at level 13 just now) but walk along a road nice as you like and suddenly you're hit with bloodbugs? I just totally freak out, panic, shite myself from their ugly faces and die.

I came across a rather large ditch next to the Corvega Assembly Point yesterday when playing. I thought, "Fvck that. That just screams major trap." So I sent Codsworth (not my current side-kick) out to investigate and at least 4 bloodbugs, 2 legendary bloatflies, 3 normal bloatflies and 2 stingwings all came out of nowhere and totally fucked him up in under 10 seconds.

Also, the mission to find Nick Valentine is fucking solid. I can't get rid of the henchmen in the subway. There's far too many. However, I cheated slightly today by getting the locations of fusion cores on YouTube so I'm just going to suit up, march down the subway and take out all the ugly, ghoul fuckers with a minigun and the power armour.

Fucking love this game btw.

I'm starting to get a bit bored with the game to be honest. I've just reached the Institute, and thought I'd ballsed it up completely. I totally forgot Desmedona (think I've just sided with the Railroad) repeatedly told me to say whatever I needed to say to get into the Institute, and then told the guy in there that "nah, I'm not joining you". Had to go back and say I'd "reconsidered". Might just charge through the main quest, then a charge around the map to make sure I've found all locations, then move on. Although the world is probably the greatest I've ever seen in a game, the lack of depth in quests is quite glaring the further you go on.

Yep that's pretty much it. More people on the thread seem to be getting to this point once the novelty wears off. It's great fun exploring and fighting for a while but there's just something distinctly unfulfilling about it. Especially after the main part is complete.

Bloodbugs are fucking arseholes. Dealing with super-mutants has been relatively ok for me (I'm only at level 13 just now) but walk along a road nice as you like and suddenly you're hit with bloodbugs? I just totally freak out, panic, shite myself from their ugly faces and die.

I came across a rather large ditch next to the Corvega Assembly Point yesterday when playing. I thought, "Fvck that. That just screams major trap." So I sent Codsworth (not my current side-kick) out to investigate and at least 4 bloodbugs, 2 legendary bloatflies, 3 normal bloatflies and 2 stingwings all came out of nowhere and totally fucked him up in under 10 seconds.

Also, the mission to find Nick Valentine is fucking solid. I can't get rid of the henchmen in the subway. There's far too many. However, I cheated slightly today by getting the locations of fusion cores on YouTube so I'm just going to suit up, march down the subway and take out all the ugly, ghoul fuckers with a minigun and the power armour.

Fucking love this game btw.

For finding Valentine i think i just threw grenades/used my sniper :lol: hardest bits at the end, unless you pussy out.

In fact thats where i found my freezing 10mm.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Yep that's pretty much it. More people on the thread seem to be getting to this point once the novelty wears off. It's great fun exploring and fighting for a while but there's just something distinctly unfulfilling about it. Especially after the main part is complete.

I'm starting to think you prefer the witcher 3 to fallout 4.

Don't know why...

To be fair I prefer it to everything. But I dont even like FO4 as much as new Vegas other than the obvious mechanical improvements. I spent enough time on it to form my judgement (90 hours or thereabouts) and though it was definitely good it's just not what I hoped it would be.

So I just noticed that I got Fallout 3 with my Fallout 4.

Already been told that I shouldn't worry about playing 3 first from a storyline point of view but would anyone recommend that I play through 3 first then move onto 4.

I'm totally split - if I play 3 first then I'm worried that 4 won't be as big of an....struggling to find the right phrase......impression or impressive for me given that 3 will show me the ropes and I'm sure that 4 will be a bigger and better version. I don't want to get bored before I even move onto 4.

On the flip side though I don't want to play through 4 and go back to 3 and then be disappointed because it's not as good or as in depth as 4 - both regarding storylines and graphics.

Any suggestions.

I don't think it makes any difference which one you play first. There are a few mild improvements in 4, and the graphics are a massive improvement, so maybe do 3 first in case you end up feeling let down by the drop in visual quality. That's about it, though.

The good thing about playing Fallout 3 now is that the mods are mature, whereas they've barely got started with 4. I can very much recommend the GNR Enhanced mod, as the radio gets repetitive very quickly, despite the tremendous selection of tunes.

Having never played 3, just looked at the radio station playlist, didn't realise half the songs from 4 were in 3 as well- ok you don't play it for the songs but that's a bit weak.

Developers will probably explain it as a majority of records were destroyed/turned into a weapon so most pre-war songs are gone.

I'll definitely be back for a playthrough in a few months to year when hopefully there's some finished DLC and there's a good mix of well tested mods to reinvigorate it. The Elder Scrolls games and previous Bethesda Fallout titles had huge lifespans thanks to modders so hopefully this will be no different!

So I just noticed that I got Fallout 3 with my Fallout 4.

Already been told that I shouldn't worry about playing 3 first from a storyline point of view but would anyone recommend that I play through 3 first then move onto 4.

I'm totally split - if I play 3 first then I'm worried that 4 won't be as big of an....struggling to find the right phrase......impression or impressive for me given that 3 will show me the ropes and I'm sure that 4 will be a bigger and better version. I don't want to get bored before I even move onto 4.

On the flip side though I don't want to play through 4 and go back to 3 and then be disappointed because it's not as good or as in depth as 4 - both regarding storylines and graphics.

Any suggestions.

Having completed both with all achievements. I can safely say that 3 is better than 4 IMO.

I think it might be Hancock in Goodneighbour who has a quest for it but it's a miscellaneous quest.

Really fucked off with that guy, trying to complete the Silver Shroud side quest (quite lat ein the game, but hey ho) but Hancock is stuck in a dialogue loop from earlier in the game when he becomes available as a companion. Playing on a PS4 so can't even use a console command to hack it. Suppose I won't be able to finish that quest now.

Really fucked off with that guy, trying to complete the Silver Shroud side quest (quite lat ein the game, but hey ho) but Hancock is stuck in a dialogue loop from earlier in the game when he becomes available as a companion. Playing on a PS4 so can't even use a console command to hack it. Suppose I won't be able to finish that quest now.

This happened to me. I just got him as a companion and talked to him.

This is me :(

I can't play it on FPS mode with anything smaller than a super mutant. I rely wholly on VATS.

There was a perk in Fallout 3 that refilled your VATS action points if you killed someone, don't think it exists in Fallout 4. Was my most useful perk in FO3.