Fallout 4

Goran

I dont see whats particularly worse about the main story in 4 compared to 3, to be honest.

Im a little further on from DPN1 and enjoying it

It's disjointed, lacks a real villain, lacks a satisfying conclusion.

It's a much better shooter than the others and the commonwealth is a genuinely more menacing waste to travel but there's a real lack of substance for me.

It's disjointed, lacks a real villain, lacks a satisfying conclusion.

It's a much better shooter than the others and the commonwealth is a genuinely more menacing waste to travel but there's a real lack of substance for me.

I suppose the villain element is down to your own choice. Currently, Im trying to keep everyone happy for as long as possible, but you could side quite early and turn the other factions into villains.

Cant comment on the conclusion but it doesnt seem any more disjointed than the others

I suppose the villain element is down to your own choice. Currently, Im trying to keep everyone happy for as long as possible, but you could side quite early and turn the other factions into villains.

Cant comment on the conclusion but it doesnt seem any more disjointed than the others

I think the villain element is meant to be left open to your own interpretation, you choices will give you your villain, although most point to the institute.

Fallout NV was similar, you didn't really have a bad guy until you had pissed off enough of the certain elements and then the ending was THE end, no more wandering.

fallout 3 (before the patch) also gave you an ending that wasn't that great originally and was final, then the addons came and it was just sandbox without radial quests.

it kind of reminds me of Skyrim in that after being spoiled with Oblivion, I expected a lot more, its definitely prettier, they have got rid of the repair maintenance on your weapons etc but is it actually better?

maybe some of the mods and DLC will update a few things and improve some of the sticking points for people

I haven't played this since before Xmas not getting enough game time at the moment. I left it as I just got to the institute. Need to find myself a few clear hours and get back into it before I lose the interest from lack of playing time.

im currently in this situation aswell! Need to get back into it as soon as to make sure i complete it before i lose interest . Ive actually liked the story so far

It will rely on mods to make it more interesting but it shouldn't be that way. Too happy with open sandbox with content filled by users.

It was just a hype train that on first play through didn't live up to it IMO. Hey ho. Looking forward to what the DLC will bring. Totally spoiled after playing the Witcher realising FO4 is completely shown up in comparison.

I hate games like Fallout/Oblivion etc

Hopelessly addictive but the sort of game you simply can't play for an hour here or there so you need to find slots of 3 hours plus to play in between work, kids, social life etc.

This usually means on a Friday and/or Saturday I send my wife to bed saying I'll not be long and sitting up until around 5AM before sneaking into bed hoping she doesn't clock the time.

I then shitfest my way through the day getting moaned at for being tired.

Basically it's this game or my hole and I keep picking the game and hoping to pick up a make-up pump some point midweek.

Eyes like bin bags, balls like watermelons and a constant moaning wife headache - might bin her tbh.

Hopelessly addictive but the sort of game you simply can't play for an hour here or there so you need to find slots of 3 hours plus to play in between work, kids, social life etc.

This usually means on a Friday and/or Saturday I send my wife to bed saying I'll not be long and sitting up until around 5AM before sneaking into bed hoping she doesn't clock the time.

Basically it's this game or my hole and I keep picking the game and hoping to pick up a make-up pump some point midweek.

Eyes like bin bags, balls like watermelons and a constant moaning wife headache - might bin her tbh.

I quite often dip in and out for an hour or less. Because you can save anywhere I find it quite easy to do a mission or two at a time, saving mid-battle if need be.

Thats probably one of the main reasons I played so much 3 and Skyrim too. Nothing worse, at my age, than a game where you have to make it to save points - Im looking at you Alien Isolation

Hahaha that just sounds exactly like me. My wife constantly hits me with shit like your 38 and still playing games....

Yup and I probably still will be in 10 years.

My girlfriends going to Ireland for a weekend with her mates in May. Most guys would use this as a two day sesh in the pub. Me? I'll likely spend it sorting Sanctuary :lol:

For anyone trying to get the settlement achievement. You can do it with 1 settler.

What you will need;

1 x Settler (moved from other settlement)

1 x Sleeping Bag (or any bed, must be under cover)

1 x Machine-gun Turret (5 Defense)

1 x Bar* (20 Bonus Happiness)

Local Leader Rank 2 (min. level 14) No other perk required.

Note; * Depending on the game localization it can also be called Shop but basically the Food & Drink Rank 2 store.

Basically fill the workshop with purified water and mutfruit that way there is no need for farms and waterpumps. Make sure you fill the settlement (preferably the red rocket) with crates so the Size bar goes to orange.

The process is sleep 12 hours, wait 12 hours and idle in the workshop till the happiness ticks. Rinse and repeat. Also assign the settler to the bar.

Edited by Darren1872

Sums me up perfectly!

take a bow lad. Brilliant post B)

Well, the decision on who to side with just got a bit easier

Cant believe I was ordered to kill Danse. Then after trying to set him free, Maxin turns up and does it himself, despite my best efforts to put a shotgun shell in his head. I'd just hesitated starting the Institute mission that tells you you'll become an enemy of the BOS if you start it. I'll be off to do it next time

Very funny post Deefiant, it's really refreshing to see you post away from the United thread, never knew you had that in you. ;)

I've still not picked this up but I'm absolutely desperate too, reading this thread on a daily basis. Unfortunately have too much of a social life going on at the moment, it'll hopefully die down come February.