Fallout 4

Goran

Seems like theres two caps. One on the amount of stuff you can physically build and another on the number of settlers, which is your charisma + 10

Handily, there are mods to over-ride both :thumsup2

It's linked to your level of charisma: Think it's your charisma level +10. You can get more by using CHR additive chems and clothing, I think.

Does nobody read my posts?

Hello? Hello? Can anyone hear me? :unsure:

Settlers are a pain in the arse.

Trying to defend The Castle and the feckers keep running in front of me when I'm shooting at raiders/gunners. End result is that they immediately turn hostile and attack me when the raider assault is over.

I had a total nightmare when trying to kill the mirelurk queen at the castle. Went to launch a mini nuke at the bitch and one of the Minutemen stormed in front of me and took it square in the coupon killing us both.

I had a total nightmare when trying to kill the mirelurk queen at the castle. Went to launch a mini nuke at the bitch and one of the Minutemen stormed in front of me and took it square in the coupon killing us both.

Aye, rockets and nukes are a bad idea against the Mirelurk Queens. The radioactive spooge they spray around everywhere has a tendency to set missiles off the minute they leave your weapon, never mind idiot companions/settlers.

I recommend harsh language. That gets them telt.

people struggle with the mirelurk queens? I have done 5 in now and never died. explosive rounds and machine gun

move back and forward, side to side she cannot hit you

Decided to last night finally do a proper walk around the Glowing Sea. Can only be summed up as dangerous as f**k. Only covered a small area but ran into about 5 deathclaws, including a legendary alpha one, and shit loads of radscorpions.

Wasn't worth it really as didn't come across much worth looting.

people struggle with the mirelurk queens? I have done 5 in now and never died. explosive rounds and machine gun

Aye, I've found 5 or 6 too. Got killed on the first encounter as she stealthed up while I was busy and made me shit myself when I turned around to find the Fallout equivalent of the Crimson Permanent Assurance building right behind me :lol:

Yeah, they're easy when you know what you're doing. Using some of your mountain of frag mines is also a decent strategy, if you've got the patience.

Decided to last night finally do a proper walk around the Glowing Sea. Can only be summed up as dangerous as f**k. Only covered a small area but ran into about 5 deathclaws, including a legendary alpha one, and shit loads of radscorpions.

Wasn't worth it really as didn't come across much worth looting.

Only been once for a mission so far, but there's the occasional thing of interest - found a radio tower with various signals to explore, for one thing. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a bobblehead hidden out there somewhere too. Definitely seems like one of the last places you should explore, however.

It was the fud of an NPC that done me in. When I restarted I just put a load of frag mines at the gap in the wall where it comes through. That took a fair chunk of health then I just kept my distance with a missile launcher from inside the castle walls.

Found a mirelurk queen on spectacle island, and had left my fatman at home. Luckily had one of the Yangtse homing beacons on me so was able to lob that at her, and wait for one of the Chinese nukes to rain down on her....

Found a mirelurk queen on spectacle island, and had left my fatman at home. Luckily had one of the Yangtse homing beacons on me so was able to lob that at her, and wait for one of the Chinese nukes to rain down on her....

Never really had a problem with Mirelurk Queens. I've always got plenty of grenades so tend to fire those at her. Follow up with rifle/shotgun of choice and keep on the move.

Need a bit of help from someone who's quite far on

I've got back to the railroad HQ and spoke to desdemona who knows I've been inside the institute. Having gone through the dialogue it's asking me to either side with them or the Minutemen, if I side with the railroad or are the Minutemen going to become my enemy, do I lose everything I've done with my settlements, lost all the weapons I've stored etc etc? And vice versa if I side with the Minutemen? I like both and don't want it do go sour with either.

Also, currently got mccready as my companion, the ongoing side quest I have with him is the long road ahead, I've killed Barnes and winlock for him and the quest info just says to continue travel with him. Does anything actually happen?

I've got back to the railroad HQ and spoke to desdemona who knows I've been inside the institute. Having gone through the dialogue it's asking me to either side with them or the Minutemen, if I side with the railroad or are the Minutemen going to become my enemy, do I lose everything I've done with my settlements, lost all the weapons I've stored etc etc? And vice versa if I side with the Minutemen? I like both and don't want it do go sour with either.

I sided with the minutemen, the railroad don't turn hostile if you fulfil an <optional> objective during the final main story quest but do if you fail to do this - won't spoiler it but it should be fairly obvious given what the railroad's objective is.

I think if you go the other way then the Minutemen are fine, I'm fairly sure it's impossible to piss them off unlike the railroad and the BoS. Not 100% on that though.

edit: just done a bit of reading and that is 100%, you can't make the minutemen hostile as a faction.

Edited by Fuctifano

Also, currently got mccready as my companion, the ongoing side quest I have with him is the long road ahead, I've killed Barnes and winlock for him and the quest info just says to continue travel with him. Does anything actually happen?

Yeah, you need to get his affinity up to a certain level by doing things he likes and then he'll start a conversation with you about his family which triggers the final part of that quest, and unlocks his perk once done.

edit: his perk was ludicrously overpowered due to a bug until the 1.03 upgrade that came out in the last couple of weeks, it's been fixed now (sadly)

Edited by Fuctifano

I'm guessing you didn't complete Blind Betrayal before turning on the BoS, then?

Hmm I don't think I did, I built that teleport thing and went to the Institute, done a few missions for them then the next thing I know I'm doing a mission where I'm told the BOS will be an enemy going forward. I've killed Danse, maybe I should go back to that save.

Edited by M0rtonfc

Hmm I don't think I did, I built that teleport thing and went to the Institute, done a few missions for them then the next thing I know I'm doing a mission where I'm told the BOS will be an enemy going forward. I've killed Danse, maybe I should go back to that save.

Once you've taken the holotape out of the institute, you can pass it around the other factions, while the Railroad and Minutement main quests don't advance too much from that point (indeed, the Minutemen main quest requires you to be kicked out the Institute for good) you can do a few more bits of the BoS main quest, including Liberty Reprimed (quite fun and involves wandering the Glowing Sea) and Blind Betrayal, you can't go any further than that, if you want to proceed with the other factions though.

Always worth doing BoS stuff, even if you don't intend to side with them in the final analysis - just to get some of the better power armour gear.

I had exactly this, it's fine - the Minutemen are pretty much neutral to the other factions anyway (apart from the Institute). Indeed if you try and complete the quest as the Railroad but get chucked out of the Institute, the Railroad implores you to use the minutemen to beat the institute as their next best bet which involves an optional objective in the final minutman mission. if you side with the BoS or Institute you commit to destroying two of the other three factions, whereas the railroad and Minutemen can co-exist under certain conditions