How long would you give Allan Johnston ?

Can see the now infamous 'gardening leave' following his statement (which I hadn't seen before).Worryingly think it will then be Locke 'until at least the end of the season', as the easy option. Really hope not...ideally Gary Holt. Would love McCall, but can only see him ending up at Greyskull.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see the now infamous 'gardening leave' following his statement (which I hadn't seen before).Worryingly think it will then be Locke 'until at least the end of the season', as the easy option. Really hope not...ideally Gary Holt. Would love McCall, but can only see him ending up at Greyskull.

Gary Holt, the excellent former player with one year's management experience?.... Where have I heard that before?

McCoist is your man , outstanding CV , he won to league titles in a row you know , ex player , likes to give youth a chance , and also could get the best out of Boyd and Miller when they sign in the summer , will get you results up north as players will be refreshed after staying at gleneagles on the Friday night , go on , give the guy a chance .

McCoist is your man , outstanding CV , he won to league titles in a row you know , ex player , likes to give youth a chance , and also could get the best out of Boyd and Miller when they sign in the summer , will get you results up north as players will be refreshed after staying at gleneagles on the Friday night , go on , give the guy a chance .

Fair play, I thought Danny Lennon would be the first 'hilarz' suggestion, but McCoist it is.

In a normal situation I wouldn't really think Holt was the best candidate. I'm not a fan of bringing a guy in just because he used to be a popular ex-player - it should be about finding the most qualified candidate.

However, right now we need someone to galvanise the support. The situation with MJ has pushed a lot of folk away and we need to start building bridges. Holt is popular with everyone, knows the club and the area and could be the one to bring everyone together. He also has a good track record of working with young players, which is the way we should be looking to go.

The worst thing we can do is bring in another guy from the Jefferies/AJ mould. That could turn fans off for good.

My ideal scenario would be someone experienced like Craig Brown taking up a Director of Football role behind the scenes, with a younger manager taking over first team duties - possibly Holt, Fowler, Boyd(?). Put in place a structure where we build the next manager from the inside, and when they take over they can slip straight into the job with minimal fuss.

I think what was said in his press conference is interesting. Two key points being:

• AJ claims to have been tiold at 00:05 on deadline day that Muirhead had been sold.
  • Didn't inform the players, staff or board of his decision before telling the press.

Seems a bit strange to bemoan being left out the loop re: one thing only to leave your players and boss out of your decision. For me, he's either a hypocrite or he's trying to get placed on gardening leave and leave now. Probably the latter.

Suggests to me that AJ is angry, and is so disgusted at not being consulted on the Muirhead sale, (and maybe some other stuff) that he feels that he has no relationship with the people who are running the club.

As Alex Ferguson once said, the most important relationship at any club is between the chairman and the head coach - if there is no relationship, and no communication, one of them has to go - it's usually the coach, isn't it?

About bloody time. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks we'll get shot of him and get a new man who knows what he's actually doing (dear Gods of Fitba, please give Gary Holt the job) pronto. If we can't get Holt, I'd give the job to this lad:

10959293_10152784373204143_9550248013889

We've not really learned anything new here. Johnston was always going to leave at the end of the season anyway, and it's common knowledge that that the club is a complete clusterfuck at the moment. Seems to me as if Johnston is covering his arse here by blaming the board to deflect away from his own personal failings. If he wanted out he would resign; he's angling for a payoff IMO.

We've not really learned anything new here. Johnston was always going to leave at the end of the season anyway, and it's common knowledge that that the club is a complete clusterfuck at the moment. Seems to me as if Johnston is covering his arse here by blaming the board to deflect away from his own personal failings. If he wanted out he would resign; he's angling for a payoff IMO.

We've learned that the board sold a player without the manager's knowledge.

Archived