How long would you give Allan Johnston ?

Things can change very quickly in football...

http://russellabercrombie.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/enough-is-enough/

I'm getting extremely fed up of AJ's hoofball antics. And it's the same old rhetoric he comes out with week in week out:

"The fans need to get behind the team"

"Boydy's a proven goalscorer"

"We just need a wee chance"

"We'll start climbing the league soon"

He needs to instill a bit of urgency in the players. A bit of passion. And tell them to get the ball on the fucking deck and pass it out from the back.

I'd ban Samson from kicking the ball out for a start.

A few more games of this and his jacket must be getting shoogly. But Levein as a replacement? No fucking thanks.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another win under his belt, this time against one of the top teams he "couldn't beat", and doing it whilst playing good football with plenty of youngsters.

Is it time that those who had jumped the gun and wrote him off admitted that they were wrong?

39 days ago.

If we now go on a run of 5 unbeaten matches, will you write another shoddy entry into your blog?

I'm getting extremely fed up of AJ's hoofball antics. And it's the same old rhetoric he comes out with week in week out:

"The fans need to get behind the team"

"Boydy's a proven goalscorer"

"We just need a wee chance"

"We'll start climbing the league soon"

He needs to instill a bit of urgency in the players. A bit of passion. And tell them to get the ball on the fucking deck and pass it out from the back.

I'd ban Samson from kicking the ball out for a start.

A few more games of this and his jacket must be getting shoogly. But Levein as a replacement? No fucking thanks.

The longer balls, especially from the 'keeper, aren't necessarily the issue on their own. Some of the best sides in the world use targeted longer passes to split defences. The key word is targeted though. We don't seem to know or care where we're aiming it a lot of the time, and it inevitably becomes a wasted pass.

Levein is a good club manager, but people will be blinded by the failure at International level for a while unfortunately. Look at the work he did at Dundee United and where they are now.

39 days ago.

If we now go on a run of 5 unbeaten matches, will you write another shoddy entry into your blog?

That game against ICT was very pleasing, and was the exact "fleeting moment" that I referred to. We played good football and eventually came out victorious against a better team. I had hoped that we'd push on from that, and that AJ would have recognised that altering our style of play helped slightly. However, the reports from away games since suggest that isn't the case (Dundee United away for spells aside), and my own experience of the home games confirm that. We 'revert to type' far too often for it to be a coincidence.

Who are Killie fans expecting if they are turning their nose up at Levein out of interest?

Johnston did a great job in the lower leagues, and I can only go by what I've seen of Killie v Hearts, when they've looked alright.

Think he could be a manager who needs a bit of time to adapt.

Who are Killie fans expecting if they are turning their nose up at Levein out of interest?

Johnston did a great job in the lower leagues, and I can only go by what I've seen of Killie v Hearts, when they've looked alright.

Think he could be a manager who needs a bit of time to adapt.

That would be fine if he had actually shown any signs of "adapting". Any successful formation he has come across has been through luck more than judgement, and his style of play was exactly the same against St Mirren last Saturday as it was against Aberdeen on the opening day - HOOOOOOFFFF.

• 6 months later...

Having a wee look through the earlier posts on this thread and this one jumped out.

He should be sacked immediately. Out of his depth and showing no signs of any sort of progress. We have to sort it out before we end up detached in the relegation play-off spot.

:lol:

• 2 months later...

Archived