East/West Combined Super League

HTG

The obvious thing for the north region to do in a pyramid environment is to hook up with the Highland League as one of its feeder divisions (North Caledonian league would be the other if it doesn't fold due to lack of numbers). Unlike in the central belt there's no question as to what the pecking order should be.

I agree, it isn't fair really they are being excluded, but life ain't!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remember the SJFA have got form for not being very good at counting so i would hold your breathe waiting for a result, even when we do get it the chances are they forgot to put half a dozen or so votes in but fvck it we will go to pub for lunch and sort it later...oh wait Tony McNally has ate it all

remember the SJFA have got form for not being very good at counting so i would hold your breathe waiting for a result, even when we do get it the chances are they forgot to put half a dozen or so votes in but fvck it we will go to pub for lunch and sort it later...oh wait Tony McNally has ate it all

So, combined super leagues it is then :D

No posts in 12 days until OldNortherner's bump, remarkable how little interest there seems to be (whether for, against or uncertain).

Has the topic been much evident on the terracings? How does the apparent lack of concern compare to when the Superleagues came in?

a bet most clubs havent even consulted supporters so unless u are on this forum fans will know very little, not any of the guys i stand with are on this and alot of info is passed through me from P&B but the word on the street amongst fans in Bonnyrigg is they could do without the extra travel, dont know what club thinks though

So can teams expect still to play same teams home and away before facing others once, and then free weeks in the same Saturday as others who they haven't played, but also Monday Wednesday away games near the end of the season over vastly increased distances for some, if all that can't be guaranteed then I'd vote no for the merger!

The fans I have spoken to seem about 60-40 against it, though there does seem to be an understanding that things need to change in the junior game to ensure it's survival.

The LL & pyramid has very much created an air of uncertainty around the juniors and the lack of transparency and leadership from the SJFA has not helped this.

Now the players that I have spoken too and a lot of club officials do seem in favour of a unified super league.

Things do need to change to ensure that clubs currently in the Junior set-up have a future in the Scottish game, this red herring is definitely not it.

I'd like to see the West go down the East Regions route with a 16 team league.

Could maybe have end of season play off between East and West Winners home and away to determine top side in country. North could be included as well if need be but without being disrespectful the true winner would be from East/West.

I believe this is the next logical step outwoth joining the lowland league. Junior football needs to stop being scared of change and move forward. Promotion to SPFL would not be mandatory in a pyramid and the current situation with no fixture lists and lack of info on just about everything is a shambles.

Could maybe have end of season play off between East and West Winners home and away to determine top side in country. North could be included as well if need be but without being disrespectful the true winner would be from East/West.

I think that was in place some seasons ago 'Supercup' rings a bell. Binned cos of lack of interest in it.

I think that was in place some seasons ago 'Supercup' rings a bell. Binned cos of lack of interest in it.

SJFA Supercup... 3x Superleague winners + Junior Cup winner. Played last week in July, IIRC.

Can't remember what happened if someone "did the double".

Promotion to SPFL would not be mandatory in a pyramid

Is that definite?

Archived