Scottish Independence

xbl

The Scottish vote in UK general elections has actually had a far greater effect on the outcome than any other region in the country actually ... three Labour governments would have had no overall majority without their Scottish seats.

Absolutely untrue. You need to do some research.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name="AberdeenBud" post="8760999" timestamp="

But as others have said, even if the share prices drop 25%, cry me a fucking river, it's not something I'm overly bothered about in the grand scheme of things.

So you take the blinker view that just because you're not a shareholder you don't give a f**k ?

Monday 8 September 2014 16.51 BST

The value of major Scottish companies has fallen by billions of pounds after the stock market was spooked by polling giving the yes vote a lead ahead of the referendum.

As Scottish minsters played down the significance of the YouGov poll that found yes had a narrow lead in the independence campaign, Edinburgh-registered Lloyds Banking Group which owns Bank of Scotland was the worst hit, with shares falling by £1.7bn, or 3.3% by lunchtime.

Good theory mate !!

Better Together? Hard to believe that when you look at the 'disproportionate' defence cuts made in Scotland since the Tories came to power in 2010:

Shut down (or shutting down)

RAF Kinloss

Rescue Coordination Centre at Kinloss

RAF Leuchars

45 Commando

Royal Navy Search & Rescue at Prestwick, HMS Gannet

Dreghorn Barracks

Redford Barracks

Craigiehall Barracks

Clyde Coastguard

Forth Coastguard

I think you're misunderstanding me a little ... in purely election terms then Scotland is no different from any other part of the UK with the same number of seats. One man, one vote and all that. You seem to have taken umbrage for some reason ...

And what about:

2005 ... Scotland votes 39.5% (majority) Labour ... Labour Government

2001 ... Scotland votes 43.9% (majority) Labour ... Labour Government

1997 ... Scotland votes 45.6% (majority) Labour ... Labour Government

In all these elections, my region voted overwhelmingly for the Tories ... is that not democracy? Should we revolt?

And your last paragraph is fine but you must appreciate that once Scotland is independent then it will be a factor in these sorts of business decisions whether you think it's a hissy fit or not? I now sound patronising I realise but I really don't mean to be but, as I keep saying, this is far too important a step to take if you're only answer is to say 'f*** you' if things don't suit.

And in all three elections, it would have been a Labour vote anyway. Face it, whether you like it or not if England is in favour of either Labour or Conservatives, the chances are one of them is getting power. The problem now is that people are disillusioned with either parties, and struggling to tell the difference between and and you saw to it that it would stay that way with the disgusting 'no to AV' campaign. If you really love us, you'll understand and let us leave with your blessing, but you're bitterly arguing for a marriage that fizzled out years ago.

What about in a No voting generation's time when this £1.3 trillion debt that rises another 8 figures every year and the debt gets called in? It's not a fair comment to make but it's pretty much the same one you are making about us because 'we simply don't know'.

Wow you are nationalistic.

Salmond is doing well, he's really stirred you up.

Tell me whats happening "up there" thats so diffent to Sunderland, Lancaster or Bangor. You having a s*** time of it like most of the EU? Tell me why you are so diffent?

What is happening up there?

I live in an area completely diffent to London or the south, I want to manage my own affairs, why do you hae the right and me not?

Why does Skye, Lewis, Orkney or Shetland have to go along with the decision ? Will they be given the vote to join Norway?

How ridiculously arrogant.

Wow

A time traveller from 2013. f**k off deegas.

How is HB coping with Gordon Brown stating that Scotland is already a Nation?

Eh, Scotland is already a nation. If you actually understood anything about this you'd know that is the case.

Such utter fail.

Archived