Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy on my FB who's been posting Better Together statuses for months and had a No Thanks badge on his profile pic just posted saying he's considering voting yes. Totally daft to read into one guy's anecdote but it's got me felling fucking excited.

ETA Also posted about how annoyed he was Galloway was given a platform to debate for BT.

^^^That's got to be a windup? The No side have gone so over the top that they haven't got their message across effectively. What's next, "Putin may launch thermonuclear war if Yes triumphs!"?

Don't be silly. He will leave us to starve to death

Boy on my FB who's been posting Better Together statuses for months and had a No Thanks badge on his profile pic just posted saying he's considering voting yes. Totally daft to read into one guy's anecdote but it's got me felling fucking excited.

ETA Also posted about how annoyed he was Galloway was given a platform to debate for BT.

I posted something about independence on Facebook earlier and three of the people who liked it had previously mentioned on Facebook how they were no voters.

^^^That's got to be a windup? The No side have gone so over the top that they haven't got their message across effectively. What's next, "Putin may launch thermonuclear war if Yes triumphs!"?

That isn't a million miles away from what certain Tories have been hinting at

Almost.

" Why Independence

Could Put Scotland In Danger Of Russian Invasion."

http://www.businessinsider.com/scottish-independence-and-russian-submarine-invasion-2014-8

Almost.

" Why Independence

Could Put Scotland In Danger Of Russian Invasion."

http://www.businessinsider.com/scottish-independence-and-russian-submarine-invasion-2014-8

I love the fact they're trying to use stuff like this to justify why this isn't such a ridiculous topic:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-16175285

You know up until about a week ago i thought we actually lived in a democracy(of kinds) in the Uk and that we had freedom of choice and opinion,pardon me for my mistake.

The last week has been like something out of George Orwell's 1984 or worse.

As soon as the people of Scotland looked like they were going to possibly make a choice to pick their own Government and set up their own future the powers that be have decided that we DON'T really have a choice at all.

David Cameron along with other self serving Westminster Politicians and their equally corrupt and power hungry pals in the Big Corporate Business word such as leading Banks(the ones we had to bail out), now possibly telecom companies,right wing press Barons, and some huge supermarket chains have made it clear that we are Not ALLOWED to have a choice unless they agree with it.

AS i said previously they have ruled over the people not just of Scotland but all of the British Isles for year using the same intimidation & fear tactics and don't think this is paranoia ,open your eyes and look at what is happening.

They will pat you on the head like patronising a small child ,if that doesn't work they will try and scare the living daylights out of You,anything to make sure you are not allowed to think for yourself or have control of your own destiny.

They will tell you now is not the right time to try and have independence,it is too unsafe,too dangerous stick with them they know what is best for you, maybe in 30 years time things might be different they will say.

Do not kid yourselves if we find ourselves in same position in 30 years time they will use the exact same terror & intimidation tactics all over again because you see you don't really have a choice.

Their ultimate weapon FEAR.

I really hope the people of Scotland are as brave as i think we are and will not be cowed down any more,next week take a stand not just for Scotland but against these power hungry self seeking individuals & companies, against Fear Itself and to give others hoe that they can do the same.

Someone posted this before but watch this again and ask yourself does any of it look familiar to what we have seen over last week,share it and pass it onto as many wavering voters and Yes voters who are losing their nerve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcVFHC8hwpc

"Scotland's Champion"

BxXewdDIUAA55jD.jpg

So just to get this right, the sorts of people who put us into the current great depression and who needed to bailed out by our fucking money are now claiming we can't have independence because it would cause... a great depression? :lol:

As someone pointed out the other day, some of this stuff is as if Armando Iannucci was writing it.

It's the "read the best referendum coverage bar none" along the bottom of that Record front page which makes it even more laughable.

Honestly, Scotland going independent will f*** over the world??! Interesting to see how much of that story relates to the Deutsche Bank base in Edinburgh of course.

Archived