Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope all the Yes Camp & especially all the Undecided voters out there especially those who traditionally vote Labour can see through all the shock & scare tactics employed by Cameron and his big business Cronies.

It is the exact same strategy they use against Labour South of the Border at every Single General Election.

We always get the City saying shares are going down due to the fear of a possible Labour Govt,Heads of Some big Business Companies and Banks come out with statements & letters warning of the Danger to the Economy if Labour win and of course the Right wing tabloids promise Armageddon

They say taxes will soar,Business leave UK in Droves,debt will increase,unemployment rise and the country will be utterly destroyed.

Ignoring the fact that the Tories muck up the Country for ordinary hard working people to a much greater degree.

The Tories,their right wing media & tabloid allies and their Big Business Cronies have been using the same strategy to win elections for years by scaring people into voting for them.

Don't let it work in this Referendum,have a look at a few of the links below

I think it's doubtful we'll see much change in anything in the event of a No vote. The worst thing will be the loss of hope. I think most of us in Scotland grew up not expecting much from the UK government and resigned to the fact that we would be a perpetual afterthought. We'd just go back to where we were. :(

"I think there's two ways in which people are controlled. First of all frighten people and secondly, demoralise them."

Tony Benn.

Latest big scare story. Mobile phone charges will rocket.

Wonder which section of the electorate that is aimed at scaring most :rolleyes:

This was a story that was put to bed months and months ago. It isn't new.

They just recycle old scare stories because they genuinely think we are stupid.

Mines is already sky fucking high so won't make a difference

For human/animal/plant life to flourish then the strongest genes have to come to the fore,the strongest and best succeed allowing the species continue and strengthen if the genes are weak/lacking then the species will fade and die of this there is no argument,here in Scotland we have in the NO camp a weak/subordinate/ rump with no pride or confidence that look to a failed/failing poltical clique that have shafted us for a long long time for salvation,first we have the Tories that deliver nothing to the ordinary people of this land then we have New Labour who have the cheek to seek re-election after 13yrs of mis-rule and bankrupting the country in the process,yet people continue to trust them with no thought of the consequences,you really have to wonder.The Duke of Cumberland knew what he was doing after Culloden he slaughtered the best/strongest/bravest we had then banished what was left to the 4 corners of the globe,what we were left with was the runt of the litter,we haven,t recovered but there is a stirring and people just won,t settle once they find out that they have been conned again!

I noticed this one surfacing again in the last few days, despite it being total nonsense. How desperate that some media outlets are basically going over old ground. Pathetic stuff.

Been a long time lurker, just joined now. I've had the scare stories from my work today, they sent out a letter basically heavily implying that employees should vote No. I honestly thought they were above this pish, although I always suspected they would favour a No vote. It's going straight in the bin!

Mines is already sky fucking high so won't make a difference

It will if we are in Europe. Prices will fall.

This is a previous post that I provided on this

Just on the subject of roaming phone charges. Surely this is a reason to vote Yes, the EU regulated phone charges mean it is cheaper for me to phone home, or send a text, from the Netherlands than it is from England.

EE Charges to the UK per min - 18.8p

EE UK call charge - 30p

They are obviously so embarrassed by this that they don't even publish them in the same document.

UK prices http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/external/content/Ts%20and%20Cs/EE_PAYG_131113.pdf

Roaming prices http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/external/content/Ts%20and%20Cs/EE_PAYG_NonStd_010714.pdf

Does anybody think that due to the predicted huge turnout, there will be some people still queuing at the polling stations at 10p.m waiting to vote?

Maybe, if that's the case don't the station stay open past 10pm?

When I was in Berlin I met a guy from Wandsworth who brought up independence in conversation. He's a properly nice guy and he thought it would be such a shame if Scotland left the union. We talked about it for quite a while, and now he's coming up to Edinburgh next weekend in the hope of being part of an Independence party.

The point is, the more people know about this eh more likely they are to vote yes. Don't be afraid to look like a bore by going on about this to people, be it face to face or on Facebook. Point out the media bias, nobody else is going to get the message across.

My mate pulled me up on this today (you know who you are) and he told me to lay off the independence chat. I'll admit it's giving me a headache but I just can't help myself. I'm really fucking passionate about this and I find it really energising. And as you say, if we don't point the media bias out - nobody will. And I'm not afraid to point it out all over facebook. People can delete me if they want, I don't care - they won't be missed. All i know is that this is a far more serious and interesting subject than stupid, brain rotting videos about people doing stupid things in a 7 second vine or posting a stupid meme. So if that's what they would prefer to see then f**k them. I post a lot about independence stuff because I know there are undecided people out there, and there are plenty No's as well who could be turned. I'm not going to sit back and let these people blindly vote. I'd rather let them see the truth. I am using Facebook as a tool to spread the word, to show people the corruption and lies they are being fed by the media, the papers and westminster. Even if it convinces just one person to vote Yes then I've done a job.

Does anybody think that due to the predicted huge turnout, there will be some people still queuing at the polling stations at 10p.m waiting to vote?

Queuing is a very British thing, in an independent Scotland we can get rid of this polite line making shit and start our own fair and balanced way of 'going fucking raj' until you get your way.

Honestly if one more BT rep says "the reality is…" regarding the union one more time I am going to lose the plot. The 'reality' is fucking horrific, we don't want the 'reality', why don't you get that?

Also this constant business v business shit is getting to me. The "reality is" that businesses come and go all the time, I don't particularly care if a business moves away from Scotland, they are turning their back on 5million+ potential customers. If they don't want the business they can f**k off. Plus supermarkets claiming the prices will go up? Who cares, I'm sure smaller supermarkets are loving this, the sudden wave of new business they will get if that actually does happen (which it won't) will be more than enough to start a new gap in the market that they can fill.

Archived