Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah far better to ignore economists and experienced retail business leaders and hang on every word from someone who's hell bent on isolating Scotland and never gives a straight answer.

How lucky you are.... :rolleyes:

Rather than listening to 10,000 extremists who still live in the 19th century along with other extremists in UKIP, Britannica Party and the BNP..Yeah they are the voice of reason for retaining a spent union.

The point is that people are so emotional about the idea of nationalism that they don't even consider the consequences.

No they are being completely being blasted with fearmongering propaganda from WN and BT that the world will end once we are free of them. Plenty of evidence that those who actually do their research are more likely to Vote Yes.

Walking into work today in Kilmarnock and we had the NO ( lets no kid ourselves, they where Labour ) campaign desperately trying to get someone to talk to. Everyone was body swerving them.

Just back from the YES stall that's there now and it's mobbed with folk wanting banners and stickers and to talk. I myself came away with a spring in my step and a few more window posters.

So are NO voters not only scared to show themselves, but also deeply, deeply ashamed to show themselves?

Rather than listening to 10,000 extremists who still live in the 19th century along with other extremists in UKIP, Britannica Party and the BNP..Yeah they are the voice of reason for retaining a spent union.

:blink: Of what relevance is that to anything? Oh! Right I know..... Salmond and his mob including the sinister elements attached to it are fairly extreme.

Thanks for that

Alex Salmond is an Economist.

Strange that he hasn't answered the questions put to him and that he came out with that tripe. All the banks and businesses are in a conspiracy against Scotland? Really?

No they are being completely being blasted with fearmongering propaganda from WN and BT that the world will end once we are free of them. Plenty of evidence that those who actually do their research are more likely to Vote Yes.

Nope. There isn't an independent Scotland so it's all projective estimates

One of the bosses at work, who I always took for being a reasonably intelligent chap, claimed the first thing England would do would be to invade an Independent Scotland. He claimed we wouldn't have the armed forces to defend ourselves.

He was being serious.

Do the yes voters 'really' believe all of these businesses are lying!

Are you happy to live all your live knowing that your government, your media, your banks and where you do your shopping can hold your country to ransom simply for their own benefit?

No, we believe the media are lying, since the actual statements released by the businesses are nothing like the stuff that's been blasting out of the headlines and off the front pages over the last few days.

:blink: Of what relevance is that to anything? Oh! Right I know..... Salmond and his mob including the sinister elements attached to it are fairly extreme.

Thanks for that

Strange that he hasn't answered the questions put to him and that he came out with that tripe. All the banks and businesses are in a conspiracy against Scotland? Really?

I'm truly astounded that people can't see through salmonds spin and lies. The sad thing is that for some I fear that this is purely based upon dislike or worse, hate as opposed to logic.

Ofcourse Scotland will survive with or without it's English, Welsh and Irish family,. Scotland is an amazing ccountry with amazing people but the future that salmond is selling is one that chooses to ignore economic reality.

Those businesses which have commented negatively are either stating the bleeding obvious (different economic climate might have an impact on prices - no fucking shit, sherlock) or talking from a position of pure self interest which really is of limited importance (we might have to move our registered office in the event of independence and no currency union and no alternative lender of last resort).

The No campaign are obsessed with the minutiae because they don't have a broader vision to sell. Each one of the major three UK parties are arguing that Scotland has control/will be given control of the NHS, education etc. because the vast majority of Scotland don't want what is being offered UK-wide. None are actually suggesting that the UK will be able to deliver what Scots want just that they'll give Scots just enough power to ameliorate the worst effects UK wide policy. Why would you settle for that when what's on offer in the event of a Yes is actual control of these things (notwithstanding that the price of beans might go up/down).

Ofcourse Scotland will survive with or without it's English, Welsh and Irish family,. Scotland is an amazing ccountry with amazing people but the future that salmond is selling is one that chooses to ignore economic reality.

Which economic reality exactly? No waffle please, just succinctly what is the reality that Salmond is ignoring and which I've missed?

Archived