Scottish Independence

xbl

It is a shame, but hopefully people can see beyond the SNP's lies and still vote No.

Oh, how I wish I had a vote now. The scales have fallen from my eyes now that Scotland has been promised the Moon on a stick by a back-bench, opposition MP, and three party leaders whose own MPs are lining up to discredit them already. Shocking, especially when one of them is that principled Mr Clegg, one is shitting himself at losing almost a sixth of his MPs at a stroke, and the other one went from "it's a matter for the Scottish people" to "get me a ticket to Edinburgh and a hand-picked audience" at the shake of an opinion poll when he realised he could be the PM who lost the Union.

Oh, and George Galloway. He convinced me - or would do, if he had any credibility at all outside his own head.

Scum, the lot of them. And while you may not like the leaders of the Yes campaign, the beauty of a Yes vote is that Scotland can (and, undoubtedly, will) vote to replace them. As it stands, Scotland can't even get the Party it wants in Westminster. Now we've got the possibility of a UKIP presence in the House, and even worse, Johnson making his move for power.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

, Scotland can't even get the Party it wants in Westminster.

Scotland isn't a block vote champ.

Almost as many Scots voted for the current Westminster government as did for the current holyrood government,

That depends, erm, on what you wish to do following the vote. Erm.

I think you should stick to embarrassing yourself on the BRALT. That's about your level.

OK, Einstein - say Scotland unilaterally holds a referendum, the vote goes for Independence, and Westminster says No Chance. What's your next move then?

OK, Einstein - say Scotland unilaterally holds a referendum, the vote goes for Independence, and Westminster says No Chance. What's your next move then?

Unilaterally declare independence.

Oh, we want to compare apples and oranges now, do we?

No, we want to recognise that many Scots got exactly the parties of government they voted for.

The majority of Scots voters in the Holyrood election did not get the government they voted for.

Three people at my work who voted no by postal ballot, now saying they wished they'd looked into and voted yes. Why would someone make such an important decision, without looking into it?

Get them to call their local election office. Worth a try if they are keen to change.

Is someone going to pull a statement from the EU out of the bag today?

If the unionists don't, then we can only take from that, that we are assured a fast re entry. There is no way they haven't asked.

Eu commisioner just confirmed it's a big negative for an independent Scotland, if that's what you mean.

Eu commisioner just confirmed it's a big negative for an independent Scotland, if that's what you mean.

Spanish PM has also stated today that he 'understands' we'd have to apply as a new member state. Then again, I read that on the BBC. :rolleyes:

OH NOES! SCARE STORIES!!!1111!!!!!1!!

Three people at my work who voted no by postal ballot, now saying they wished they'd looked into and voted yes. Why would someone make such an important decision, without looking into it?

Such is the nature of some people. Democracy in action. Unfortunately you do have to delve into it yourself and far from everyone knows what to look out for. For example I have looked at Scotland's unemployment figure of 6% which is below the national average of 6.2% Given we do get more to spend through the Barnett formula this helps us (above the UK average) to an extra 52,000 jobs. We also have an estimated 196,000 jobs related to the oil sector. Personally I can see the Barnett formula being scrapped when oil starts to run out (remembering it was only introduced in the late 70's when oil was flowing and there is already a call for it to be scrapped) so in time these oil sector jobs and the public sector jobs would go. If (and obviously some people would move out the country to where the jobs will be) we added these numbers to the unemployed, Scotland would have an unemployment rate of nearly 15%. Personally I am voting Yes because I don't want my children to grow up in a country with such high unemployment and I see the best way is to address this ourselves rather than leave it in the hands of those at Westminster. Lets face it, virtually nobody there has given two figs about Wales for decades and if we don't make our decision now we will just end up being neglected in the same way for "the greater good". Bet you don't see the same analysis in the papers tomorrow!!!

Spanish PM has also stated today that he 'understands' we'd have to apply as a new member state. Then again, I read that on the BBC. :rolleyes:

The Spanish interior minister said that on Newsnight in an interview but it was dismissed because Alex Salmond had contact with "unnamed people" in the Spanish and French governments. I really hope that people unravel the tissue of blatant lies coming from the SNP

The Spanish interior minister said that on Newsnight in an interview but it was dismissed because Alex Salmond had contact with "unnamed people" in the Spanish and French governments. I really hope that people unravel the tissue of blatant lies coming from the SNP

Of course the Spanish Government have an interest in our vote due to their Catilan issue. So pinch of salt required with any quote coming via Madrid

Archived