Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jesus I'm getting a grilling here.

Tbh I don't really want to get into it (it's nothing covert) but it's not a department that I imagine the Scottish Government would require..

I'm puzzled, I can't think of any department an independent nation wouldn't need, nor why your relative couldn't possibly work in another department.

Choose Yes,

Choose a bright future, your bright future - empty nonsense

Choose a fairer society for you and your future generations - fairer in what way?

Choose your government that you voted for - that's not how it works

Choose a country that produces a surplus of energy - so does the United Kingdom

Choose a country that produces a surplus of food - so does the United Kingdom

Choose vast deposits of natural resources - the United Kingdom has these

Choose never being lied to by Westminster again - we'll be lied to by Holyrood instead

Choose a public health service - the United Kingdom has one

Choose free education - the United Kingdom has it

Choose the eighth richest country in the world - the United Kingdom is eighth

Choose not having your money stolen from you by london - it isn't

Choose no Trident - at the expense of a wide range of Scottish jobs?

Choose no foodbanks - seriously? You're claiming this?

Choose no Bedroom Tax, choose no Poll Tax - Bedroom Tax I'll grant you

Choose keeping all of your revenues for your own country - we do

Choose investing in your children's future - we do

Choose a Scottish Government for the Scottish People - we do

Choose jobs - :lol: righto.

Choose not funding London-centric infrastructure projects - why am I funding Glasgow's 2014 games then? As useful to me as a London-Birmingham train.

Choose the renewable energy centre of Europe - uh huh

Choose a country that you can be proud of - sentimentalist nonsense

Choose a country that is truly great - sentimentalist nonsense

Choose Scotland

Vote Yes

So to sum up.... what was your point?

I've no real opinion on this whole thing other than being utterly apathetic to both sides petty point scoring. But empty, sentimentalist pish like the above presented as valid reasoning really annoys me.

Anyone watching the STV coverage with the walloper thinking he's making a statement standing behind Salmond whilst struggling to hold a Union Jack in the wind? :lol:

Salmond did the same thing at Wimbledon and it was 'hilarious', apparently. Although granted, he looked less pathetic than this bloke.

I've no real opinion on this whole thing other than being utterly apathetic to both sides petty point scoring. But empty, sentimentalist pish like the above presented as valid reasoning really annoys me.

Removing apocalyptic weapons from Scotland is sentimentalist pish and not a valid reason to vote for Independence?

Paco, on 26 Nov 2013 - 19:03, said:

Salmond did the same thing at Wimbledon and it was 'hilarious', apparently. Although granted, he looked less pathetic than this bloke.

Salmond held up the Scottish flag whilst a Scottish player was winning Wimbledon. If Salmond wasn't a politician in favour of independence, no-one would have batted an eyelid. Granted, it was rather petty considering his position but it was rather amusing just for Cameron's reaction if nothing else. This guy just came out looking like a dick, I don't think even a stereotypical Rangers fan would have thought the blurred image of a man struggling to hold the Union Jack in the wind was even mildly amusing or celebrating Britishness, he just came out looking like a dobber.

The negativity on BBC Scotland is shocking. Jackie Bird interviewing Salmond was nothing short of embarrassing. Darling on the other hand waffles his way through a similar interview.

The STV interview with each were surprisingly more even considering the BBC is supposed to be the one that operates without bias.

In a word, yes. I'd feel pretty guilty if I voted one of my parents out of a job, particularly seeing as they put a roof over my head. As much as I'd like to vote for independence, it'd throw a lot of things up in the air for me when they're pretty good at the moment.

They wouldn't be sacked. The job would be relocated elsewhere and as they're not able to relocate would have to give it up.

What age bracket is your parent in?

Edited before Swampy notices hopefully.

Edited by ayrmad

sparky88, on 26 Nov 2013 - 19:08, said:

Was waiting for the BBC bias complaint....

It wasn't a complaint, Jackie Bird seemed to be trying to instigate an argument with Salmond whilst the STV presenter was just asking him challenging questions about the white paper.

Removing apocalyptic weapons from Scotland is sentimentalist pish and not a valid reason to vote for Independence?

I didn't say it was. The overall post was full of it so I generalised. That and the Bedroom Tax were the only valid points really.

I'm personally not really fussed by Trident being based at Faslane, I'd scrap the whole thing myself but if it's being done may as well be in Scotland... but are people really going to vote for independence because Scotland has nuclear weapons? Is it that big an issue? If so, fair enough.

Salmond held up the Scottish flag whilst a Scottish player was winning Wimbledon. If Salmond wasn't a politician in favour of independence, no-one would have batted an eyelid. Granted, it was rather petty considering his position but it was rather amusing just for Cameron's reaction if nothing else. This guy just came out looking like a dick, I don't think even a stereotypical Rangers fan would have thought the blurred image of a man struggling to hold the Union Jack in the wind was even mildly amusing or celebrating Britishness, he just came out looking like a dobber.

No doubt he looked like a dobber. Was just saying both were pretty petty really, you can't praise one thing and criticise the other.

The negativity on BBC Scotland is shocking. Jackie Bird interviewing Salmond was nothing short of embarrassing. Darling on the other hand waffles his way through a similar interview.

I watched the BBC from 10am to 6pm, I'm now in the yes camp, we're paying for these fcukers to be biased.

Yes from me too - it has been for about a decade now.

We all need to 'do our bit' to persuade as many folk as possible - family members and friends alike. Ten months is a long time and as many have mentioned the solid arguments are on our side. Yes voters need to show more passion and determination than their counterparts for this historic win to become a reality.

If anyone needs any inspiration they need to look no further than the top rated comments on the BBC 'Have Your Say' page listed above (the first post of this page). I was literally seething.

Edited by pandarilla

I'm personally not really fussed by Trident being based at Faslane, I'd scrap the whole thing myself but if it's being done may as well be in Scotland... but are people really going to vote for independence because Scotland has nuclear weapons? Is it that big an issue? If so, fair enough.

No, but it's another feather in the Independence hat. I'm firmly anti-nuclear, that includes nuclear power. I don't want to live near any nuclear material, unfortunately I do. The legacy of Chernobyl and Fukushima is evidence enough that accidents do happen. There will be higher cancer rates in that area of Japan as a consequence, there will be some radiation in the food supply. I should need to even bother talking about how dangerous nuclear weapons are.