Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I don't think I've ever had a poster in such a quivering mess as this before.

Its quite glorious what a complete c**t of yourself you are making here.

Even Parp shows a modicum of dignity when being humiliated.

Must only be days from a banning or even better a tear stained resignation post typed during the security guard graveyard shift you are on.

You know, he might well be right. There's plenty of evidence that you're barmy in this post alone.

No it wasn't. It was conducted by Progressive Scottish Opinion.

They may have used the online YouGov panel, but PSO choose the weightings that they apply to the poll results. As such, it is totally meaningless to compare the result with the YouGov/Channel 4 poll from last week

In addition, they didn't ask the actual referendum question. They replaced the word "be" with "become", thus subtly emphasising the status quo

Finally, PSO don't adhere to British Polling Council rules. I seem to recollect that they have previously been accused of not publishing full polling data.

However, I'm sure that these minor problems won't stop you believing that "No" has an impregnable lead. Enjoy your dream.

The mental thing is this is their second poll, and it shows a 9 point swing to Yes from their previous poll....

Not had a chance to look over the polling data properly. But three things stand out in the Sunday Mail poll.

1. Polling organisation not a member of the British Polling council

2. They didn't ask the question that will be on the ballot paper

3. Their weighting methods seem rather confusing.

Why didn't they just get YouGov to complete the poll?

We all know how you can manipulate the data on how the question is asked. Why didn't they just ask the actual question?

How was the polling data weighted? They state the polling data was "weighted to Scotlands demographic profile" Whatever that means????

Progressive Scottish Opinion will not be releasing Data Tables for the Sunday Mail poll. As far as I'm aware this is unheard of from a polling organisation.

Absolute stinks to high heaven!

Must have attended that SNP course on poll rigging...

Don't remember quite this level of outrage when the SNP bought their own poll results Colkitto. I mean I'm sure you were enraged, but just didn't tell us.

Must have attended that SNP course on poll rigging...

Don't remember quite this level of outrage when the SNP bought their own poll results Colkitto. I mean I'm sure you were enraged, but just didn't tell us.

Think there is a massive difference in commissioning a polling organisation who are registered with the British Polling Council.

Releasing the data tables for the poll and asking the actual question that will be put to the voters in September.

Surely even you can see the absolute absurdity of the Progressive Scottish Opinion poll and stance not to release the data tables?

Think there is a massive difference in commissioning a polling organisation who are registered with the British Polling Council.

Releasing the data tables for the poll and asking the actual question that will be put to the voters in September.

Surely even you can see the absolute absurdity of the Progressive Scottish Opinion poll and stance not to release the data tables?

I think it sounds like a comical poll that is absolutely worthless.

But then, I'm consistent about such things. I'm just amused about your outrage, given the lengths you went to to pretend the SNP's rigged poll was really quite fair actually.

But then, I'm consistent about such things. I'm just amused about your outrage, given the lengths you went to to pretend the SNP's rigged poll was really quite fair actually.

Panelbase are a reputable polling organisation.

I'll give you £5.3 billion if you can go one day without mentioning the SNP.

Who will take the coin of an organisation to rig a poll.

they aren't a charity.

That's quite a slur on a reputable organisation. In case of legal repercussions I would delete your remarks as quickly as possible!

The poll I'm on about isn't YouGov

They used YouGov to conduct the poll for them, giving them the criteria they wanted them to use. The infamous SNP leading questions invalidated the reputatability of that poll every bit as much as Progressive Scottish Opinion asking YouGov to use different methodology does.

That's quite a slur on a reputable organisation. In case of legal repercussions I would delete your remarks as quickly as possible!

Just to be clear, are you maintaining that the Panelbase poll commissioned by the SNP that asked leading questions was a reputable poll using acceptable methodology, giving an accurate picture of public opinion in line with the industry's best practices?

They used YouGov to conduct the poll for them, giving them the criteria they wanted them to use. The infamous SNP leading questions invalidated the reputatability of that poll every bit as much as Progressive Scottish Opinion asking YouGov to use different methodology does.

Libby

I would be more inclined to agree with your contention that asking 3 leading questions in advance of asking the referendum question was dodgy if this exchange hadn't happened last year

Hold on a minute. Is this how the question was asked? Please tell me it wasn't?

If there was a referendum tomorrow on Scotland leaving the United Kingdom and becoming an independent country and this was the question, how would you vote? Should Scotland be an independent country?

That's what the referendum is about. They have given a preamble to set the context to get a snapshot of current opinion, then asked for a response to the actual question. They even say "and if this was the question" in the preamble. It is not leading in any way whatsoever.

It wasn't part of the question YouGov asked.

It was part of the preamble. They asked the referendum question. Verbatim.

It isn't a leading question. The preamble may or may not be misleading. The question is verbatim the one approved by the Electoral Commission and not leading.

Can you explain why you consider the referendum question not to be leading when "No" use a preamble, whilst maintaining that it is misleading when "Yes" ask the same referendum question as question number 4?