Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I'm not telling anyone how to identify themselves.

Yes you are. You are telling them they can't be British because "Scotland is our country".

I'm just saying if you don't class the English or Welsh as being from a different country then in your mind Scotland isn't a country and merely a region of the UK.

Bollocks. They are all countries. Why do you believe that countryhood is subject to a territorial monopoly?

Each to their own....

Unless they're Scottish and British, of course.

Edited by Ad Lib

Yes you are. You are telling them they can't be British because "Scotland is our country".

Bollocks. They are both all countries. Why do you believe that countryhood is subject to a territorial monopoly?

Unless they're Scottish and British, of course.

^

Lot of shite.

Worth noting that all this pish was pulled over from another thread, after DeeGas.2 called Lichtie some borrowed from Reynard mean names for saying he didn't support Team GB.

I agree with all of you saying its a personal decision so who cares. But let's not pretend the nationalism and identity fascism only exists on one side of this debate.

Ad Lib really REALLY needs a bird.

and you mocked me when I made that suggestion about many of the posters forum, glad to see you are coming round 8)

back on topic, a good read today Prof Curtice take on the current Panalbase poll, on the What Scotland Thinks website

Worth noting that all this pish was pulled over from another thread, after DeeGas.2 called Lichtie some borrowed from Reynard mean names for saying he didn't support Team GB.

I agree with all of you saying its a personal decision so who cares. But let's not pretend the nationalism and identity fascism only exists on one side of this debate.

Name me one person who, in challenging 1320Lichtie on his identity fascism on this thread this morning, "pretended the nationalism and identity fascism only exists one side of the debate."

Flagging up his moronic qualities neither implies nor denies the nationalism or identity fascism of anyone else. At all.

Name me one person who, in challenging 1320Lichtie on his identity fascism on this thread this morning, "pretended the nationalism and identity fascism only exists one side of the debate."

Flagging up his moronic qualities neither implies nor denies the nationalism or identity fascism of anyone else. At all.

Mr Bairn called me a vile Ethno Nat.

And I'm the moron? Anyone outwith this island would see your views as moronic.

I couldn't disagree with you any more over the subject. The English/Welsh are foreigners, we share a political Union with them not a country, the UK is made up of 4 countries, if you see the UK as a sole country then Scotland doesn't exist as a seperate entity.

Suggesting otherwise is stupid.

I couldn't disagree with you any more over the subject. The English/Welsh are foreigners, we share a political Union with them not a country, the UK is made up of 4 countries, if you see the UK as a sole country then Scotland doesn't exist as a seperate entity.

Making absolute and definite statements on issues like this is stupid.

You're doing yourself no favours here.

Saying that nationhood is territorially exclusive does give you one thing in common with ethnic nationalists which those who are not ethnic nationalists usually don't assert. Not that that is relevant whether you are an ethnic nationalist or not. No one said this was only on one side.

This is total nonsense. It's just in defiance of the last millennium of human history to say that nations don't conceptually and territorially overlap and exist in compound form.

Since there's such resistance to the term ethnonat, I think we should come up with something to describe the vile anti-pluralists like 1320Lichtie. What about TerraNatctal?

Was wondering where you had been over the last few days.

Funnies Libby?

Painful.

Since there's such resistance to the term ethnonat, I think we should come up with something to describe the vile anti-pluralists like 1320Lichtie. What about TerraNatctal?

This is part of the problem with this forum (and internet forums in general). Someone who says something that is generally disagreed with is described as 'vile' and given a stupid and child-like name. I think Lichtie is wrong on this issue - but we are all wrong some of the time.

What is it about the internet that forces grown ups to act like children?

and you mocked me when I made that suggestion about many of the posters forum, glad to see you are coming round 8)

back on topic, a good read today Prof Curtice take on the current Panalbase poll, on the What Scotland Thinks website

What's a posters forum?

I probably did mock you, but I'm aiming it at No voters (and Ad Lib lulz) so it's allowed.

^_^

This is part of the problem with this forum (and internet forums in general). Someone who says something that is generally disagreed with is described as 'vile' and given a stupid and child-like name. I think Lichtie is wrong on this issue - but we are all wrong some of the time.

What is it about the internet that forces grown ups to act like children ya big jobby?

FIFY

I note that Lex fails to mention that the comparison he's quoting is against a Yes Scotland Panelbase poll instead of against the previous Sunday Times Panelbase poll.

As slightly different question series are asked, these polls are not directly comparable. If you compare against the previous Sunday Times Panelbase poll, the actual figures are

Yes 41% (+1)

No 48% (-1)

As such, I'm not sure why Lex appears to be celebrating a further decrease in the shaky "No" lead

Taking it badly :lol:

I was comparing it to the last panelbase poll. Sorry if this doesn't fit in with your idea that yes still has a hope in hell of winning this, it doesn't.

How can you say the UK and Scotland is your country, if you even recognise the UK as a country then that nullifys Scotland's identity.

People from outwith this island must look upon that view as being stupid as f**k tbh.

^^^ identity fascist

What is it about the internet that forces grown ups to act like children?

It is vile to deny individuals the right to plural identity.

Taking it badly :lol:

I was comparing it to the last panelbase poll. Sorry if this doesn't fit in with your idea that yes still has a hope in hell of winning this, it doesn't.

You'll forgive us all if we don't take prophecies of doom from someone who thinks you can have 45 runners in a 2 horse race.