Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

You've been saying momentum has been with yes for over a year TBF.

In reality, yes is no closer now than it was two years ago.

Yes had no chance then and it has no chance now. Its brillaint watching the clown collective do the group hug and BULEEVING but the truth is it was over as soon as Eton posh boy Cameron shafted Salmond in Edimburgh. Posh boy Osborne applied to coup de grace on Feb 14th by pointing and laughing at the flimsy currency plans of the SNP.

The next few weeks in here will be utterly hilarious watching the clown collective realise what an arse theyve made of this.

Yes had no chance then and it has no chance now. Its brillaint watching the clown collective do the group hug and BULEEVING but the truth is it was over as soon as Eton posh boy Cameron shafted Salmond in Edimburgh. Posh boy Osborne applied to coup de grace on Feb 14th by pointing and laughing at the flimsy currency plans of the SNP.

The next few weeks in here will be utterly hilarious watching the clown collective realise what an arse theyve made of this.

Quelle surprise. The Grand Poobah of the BCC tells us we can't win!!

OH NO!!!

Might as well go home now lads eh? The Twitter pest hath spoken.

You know that old saying? It's better to have tried and lost than to have spent your life sucking the c*ck of a Tory government.

Man do you suck.

More confident of a YES win than ever. Every time your on here it just reasures me that the NO side are rattled.

Cheers sucker.

I'm not a betting man myself but HB is. He was willing to bet me Glasgow would vote No.

Wonder if he still believes that and still willing to bet (not with me of course)

To be fair, it's not the first poll to show Glasgow tending yes - a fair few have, but then your into sub-sample territory and large statistical uncertainty (about +/- 7%, I think, at that size) so you really can't take too much from it.

There never has been a full poll done on what Glasgow, or Edinburgh would vote. I recall there being a borders only poll - woudl be nice to see some full regional polls.

To be fair, it's not the first poll to show Glasgow tending yes - a fair few have, but then your into sub-sample territory and large statistical uncertainty (about +/- 7%, I think, at that size) so you really can't take too much from it.

There never has been a full poll done on what Glasgow, or Edinburgh would vote. I recall there being a borders only poll - woudl be nice to see some full regional polls.

There were some regional polls done a few weeks ago, I think I posted them in here?

Weren't they just sub-samples of the standard 1,000 respondant polls?

Not sure. Those polls, whatever their sample size etc, put Glasgow as the area of Scotalnd with the highest Yes %.

Edited by ICTChris

Not sure. Those polls, whatever their sample size etc, put Glasgow as the area of Scotalnd with the highest Yes %.

If yes can get Glasgow city and greater glasgow then they have a chance (so long as they avoid an absolute drubbing in Edinburgh and Aberdeen)

According to the data from that Survation poll Yes are winning Glasgow and the South of Scotland but are given a vote of 26% in Lothians? They are also at 30% in Mid-Scotalnd and Fife, which seems hard to believe.

Scores on the doors in that poll

Highland and Islands

Yes - 40.7%

No - 51.5%

Undec - 7.9%

South Scotland

Yes - 50%

No - 38.7%

Undec - 11.2%

Central Scotalnd

Yes - 44.9%

No - 42.9%

Undec - 12.4%

Mid Scotland and Fife

Yes - 30.2%

No - 52.5%

Undec - 17.3%

Glasgow

Yes - 44.1%

No - 37.9%

Undec - 18.0%

West Scotalnd

Yes - 35.9%

No - 50.5%

Undec - 13.6%

Lothian

Yes - 26.9%

No - 53.9%

Undec - 19.3%

North East

Yes - 50.2%

No - 40.0%

Undec - 9.9%

As renton said above about another poll, these are just subsets of a larger poll so have a smaller sample size.

Edited by ICTChris

According to the data from that Survation poll Yes are winning Glasgow and the South of Scotland but are given a vote of 26% in Lothians? They are also at 30% in Mid-Scotalnd and Fife, which seems hard to believe.

Scores on the doors in that poll

Highland and Islands

Yes - 40.7%

No - 51.5%

Undec - 7.9%

South Scotland

Yes - 50%

No - 38.7%

Undec - 11.2%

Central Scotalnd

Yes - 44.9%

No - 42.9%

Undec - 12.4%

Mid Scotland and Fife

Yes - 30.2%

No - 52.5%

Undec - 17.3%

Glasgow

Yes - 44.1%

No - 37.9%

Undec - 18.0%

West Scotalnd

Yes - 35.9%

No - 50.5%

Undec - 13.6%

Lothian

Yes - 26.9%

No - 53.9%

Undec - 19.3%

North East

Yes - 50.2%

No - 40.0%

Undec - 9.9%

As renton said above about another poll, these are just subsets of a larger poll so have a smaller sample size.

yeah, I'm reasonably sure that, if nothing else, Yes will get absolutely papped in South of Scotland, which kind of makes the rest of the numbers suspect.

I think people have misconceptions about the north east. I mean, practically everyone I know from Aberdeen is either English or in oil (or in multiple cases, both) but that's not the entirety of the population. Much the same as when people stereotype Edinburgh as being full of Etonian yahs - yes, it has more of them than, say, Paisley, but the vast majority of the locals hate them as much as anyone else does.

Even Ayr is no certainty for No and it was the Toriest place in Scotland for decades. The local council wanting to cancel the immensely popular Prestwick Prom in case any of the locals dared hand out Yes stickers stuck in the craws of a great many people. Jai McDowall is also a raging nat, which helps.

I think people have misconceptions about the north east. I mean, practically everyone I know from Aberdeen is either English or in oil (or in multiple cases, both) but that's not the entirety of the population. Much the same as when people stereotype Edinburgh as being full of Etonian yahs - yes, it has more of them than, say, Paisley, but the vast majority of the locals hate them as much as anyone else does.

Even Ayr is no certainty for No and it was the Toriest place in Scotland for decades. The local council wanting to cancel the immensely popular Prestwick Prom in case any of the locals dared hand out Yes stickers stuck in the craws of a great many people. Jai McDowall is also a raging nat, which helps.

Who is Jai McDowall and which people do you believe will be stupid enough to cast their vote based on his views rather than their own?

I've bet a pal £100 that Glasgow and Dundee will both vote yes.

He thinks all the cities will vote no and it'll be "Only teuchters and bumpkins who'll vote yes".

Dundee I think is the safest bet for a yes city?