Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Given that it's literally the most important political decision of our lifetimes, it fucking well should be intruding on every aspect of our lives right now.

Calm down Tiger, Might have to agree to disagree on that one then!

Seriously, that's what I just dont understand?

They either accept them as being reasonably accurate or dismiss them, seems clear the Yes camp just want to pick and choose which polls to highlight that support their argument when it suits! :rolleyes:

"Yes voters ignore the polls" is one of these inventions of Pie and Bovril's pet trolls. It doesn't happen in the real world.

You've had it patiently explained to you why Yes voters can both be heartened by the polls closing and also sceptical that they truly represent the final outcome. If you choose to ignore that then you're doing little better than the portion of the board that most folk have on their ignore lists by now.

I'm sure you're an extremely dedicated Rangers fan, Robert.

:)

Why bring someone's football team allegiances into it mate? I've never used that line, it’s usually you that chastises people supporting No 'just because of the Club they support!'?? ;)

Well, all of them.

The You Gov one is a particularly strong example of the impressive No lead, but in general polls are in a brilliant position for the No campaign at this point.

I think BT will be astonished they are so far ahead. I'd imagine their planning and schedule exected it to be close at this point

Panelbase No - 52 Yes - 48. That's one hellava commanding lead right enough :1eye

Lol? Are you 12?

I fully understand what democratic deficit means. Holyrood are a perfect example - no second chamber, misuse of the committee system. 44% riding roughshod over the other 56%.

You are choosing to ignore the glaring democratic deficit which Scotland experiences within the UK. Shall i spell it out?

England votes tory; Scotland votes labour - Scotland gets tories.

No amount of chicanery is going to change that fact. Typical no voter doesn't understand/ won't acknowledge the democratic deficit.

Fucking LOL

You are choosing to ignore the glaring democratic deficit which Scotland experiences within the UK. Shall i spell it out?

England votes tory; Scotland votes labour - Scotland gets tories.

No amount of chicanery is going to change that fact. Typical no voter doesn't understand/ won't acknowledge the democratic deficit.

Fucking LOL

What happened from 1997-2010, 13 Years!!? That's not chicanery, they were in Government! And the Majority in Scotland voted for them!

I don’t know what it's like where you stay mate, but much as though I want to keep up with the debate, I'm getting a bit fed up with it getting seriously heated between good friends, relations and work colleagues.

At least I have a choice whether to come on here and read the various contributions, but the divide showing amongst people I know is constantly in your face,

in the pub, at the football, family occasions and in the staffroom.

I'll be glad when it's all over and done with tbh! Roll on the 19th.

Don't worry RedRob. You'll get back to what matters. Burning irish flags.

What happened from 1997-2010, 13 Years!!? That's not chicanery, they were in Government! And the Majority in Scotland voted for them!

Really mate? Really?

So England gets the government they vote for 100% of the time and we get the government we vote for 50% of the time. That's a democratic deficit. Do you understand this?

Hold on. You're just at the wind up, right?

Edited by forza ton

Really mate? Really?

So England gets the government they vote for 100% of the time and we get the government we vote for 50% of the time. That's a democratic deficit. Do you understand this?

England gets the Gov they vote for 100 per cent of the time, Scotland gets their choice 50 per cent of the time?? You've completely lost me Pal!!? Sorry!

Really mate? Really?

I notice there's been a lot of this nonsense recently. It's one of the most dishonest arguments going. Scotland is not a bloc vote that's somehow not being represented.

People don't vote down ethnic lines - bar the ethnic nationalists that troll these pages. People vote along political lines. If anything the argument is that the UK does not get the government it votes for because of FPTP. One could also say that becsuse of the disproprotionate nature of AMS that Scotland did not get the government it voted for in 2011 either.

I can understand that a case can be made for bringing government closer to the people - that's a different argument altogether. However, I believe it can be done in a better way than the pseudo-independence on offer.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

England gets the Gov they vote for 100 per cent of the time, Scotland gets their choice 50 per cent of the time?? You've completely lost me Pal!!? Sorry!

I don't know how I can make it simpler for you. If the majority in England vote for a particular party then that party will be the government or choose a coalition partner. If the majority in Scotland vote for a particular party Scotland only gets the government chosen by the English vote.

You didn't know this? You should be voting yes, mate.

I notice there's been a lot of this nonsense recently. It's one of the most dishonest arguments going. Scotland is not a bloc vote that's somehow not being represented.

People don't vote down ethnic lines - bar the ethnic nationalists that troll these pages. People vote along political lines. If anything the argument is that the UK does not get the government it votes for because of FPTP. One could also say that becsuse of the disproprotionate nature of AMS that Scotland did not get the government it voted for in 2011 either.

I can understand that a case can be made for bringing government closer to the people - that's a different argument altogether. However, I believe it can be done in a better way than the pseudo-independence on offer.

Oh dear! "Scotland is not a bloc vote"...

Yeah, that's what the referendum is about; a government chosen by the Scottish people for the Scottish people.

What did you think the referendum was about?

Come on now Deetillehdeh, you're having one of your dense moments here.

One of the major attractions of a Yes vote is that Scottish people always get the Government they elected. Which doesn't happen now.

And psuedo-independence? The f**k?