Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I simply quoted a tweet from the SNP in my initial post and made no comment. That's hardly trumpeting the findings is it?

My second post on the poll I stated I would need to see the data tables before making comment on the poll.

My third post on the poll I stated the poll was not credible in my opinion after seeing the data tables.

In any of my posts I haven't trumpeted the poll findings and was cautious about the poll until I saw the data tables

Have to back you on this.

HB is wrong.

Also surprised he hasn't heard of Populus.

STV reporting that someone has put on the joint largest political bet ever at Billy Hills. £200k on a no vote.

He should have just given me his £200k. ;)

Fucking c***s like that should be donating that kind of cash to a charity instead.

Fucking c***s like that should be donating that kind of cash to a charity instead.

Gamblers? Maybe he will give the winnings to charity.

I won money on the soccer aid match, feel a bit guilty about keeping that and will give those winnings to charity but why shouldn't folk gamble their money of that's what they want?

Gamblers? Maybe he will give the winnings to charity.

I won money on the soccer aid match, feel a bit guilty about keeping that and will give those winnings to charity but why shouldn't folk gamble their money of that's what they want?

Its not gambling that's the problem its the amount of money involved. There's something obscene about having 200 grand to blow on an odds-on bet. Too much money and not enough sense.

Its not gambling that's the problem its the amount of money involved. There's something obscene about having 200 grand to blow on an odds-on bet. Too much money and not enough sense.

Why, if you can afford to lose it? Maybe he's a Nat who is thinking that he'd happily lose the money for a yes vote but could console himself with the winnings if No win.

Why, if you can afford to lose it? Maybe he's a Nat who is thinking that he'd happily lose the money for a yes vote but could console himself with the winnings if No win.

I don't like the idea of anyone placing that much money on a bet (and I'm a regular gambler - fiver or tenner per week) - it just doesn't seem right. If I had that kind of money I'd get a massive kick out of doing good things with it.

I'm also baffled by the odds at which this bet is placed. A weird bet to make in my opinion.

I don't like the idea of anyone placing that much money on a bet (and I'm a regular gambler - fiver or tenner per week) - it just doesn't seem right. If I had that kind of money I'd get a massive kick out of doing good things with it.

I'm also baffled by the odds at which this bet is placed. A weird bet to make in my opinion.

Maybe when a bet is so large you can negotiate different odds?

Precisely the point I was making. Cheers for putting it more eloquently than I did.

I wish people would stop describing canvasses, online votes, caucuses or any other non-validated method as being a poll - they are not.

Anyone with half a brain cell knows how easily they are manipulated or at best are just a platform for the most rabid supporter of a cause.

Trying to use such votes to back a cause is self-delusion in the extreme. It's mastubatory ego-stroking at its worst.

It was a strange story at the time purely because the odds it was struck at were always very likely to get better.

Putting 200K on No is actually quite a smart move, if you have that available. It's easy money. However why do it at those odds when if you waited 6 months or a year you would substantially increase your returns?

It was a strange story at the time purely because the odds it was struck at were always very likely to get better.

Putting 200K on No is actually quite a smart move, if you have that available. It's easy money. However why do it at those odds when if you waited 6 months or a year you would substantially increase your returns?

The story is a year old. Why are they reporting a story that appeared on 24th June 2013 as if it happened this month? They wouldn't be trying to make it look as if punters are now rushing to put money on a no vote with 100 days to go?

The story is a year old. Why are they reporting a story that appeared on 24th June 2013 as if it happened this month? They wouldn't be trying to make it look as if punters are now rushing to put money on a no vote with 100 days to go?

Sssshhh.. you're not supposed to reply to H_B. It just encourages him.

Yes, the media recycling stories... who would have thought it?