Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Yes, the media recycling stories... who would have thought it?

From a year ago with no mention when the bet was actually placed. Makes you wonder why they would do such a thing with a massive lead of being 20 points ahead in the polls.

From a year ago with no mention when the bet was actually placed. Makes you wonder why they would do such a thing with a massive lead of being 20 points ahead in the polls.

You are aware that newspapers regurgitate last year's stories as "new" news all the time, aren't you?

Maybe you need a subscription to Private Eye if this is shocking news to you.

You are aware that newspapers regurgitate last year's stories as "new" news all the time, aren't you?

Maybe you need a subscription to Private Eye if this is shocking news to you.

No wasn't aware of that. Any examples?

HB's right in that newspapers (and particularly newspapaer columnists) often just rehash old stories when they need to fill space. There are examples in Private Eye all the time.

I can't remember any recent specific ones off the top of my head, but The Daily Express' quest to have a Princess Diana story on the front page virtually every day used to see them reprinting the same old pish repeatedly.

HB's right in that newspapers (and particularly newspapaer columnists) often just rehash old stories when they need to fill space. There are examples in Private Eye all the time.

I can't remember any recent specific ones off the top of my head, but The Daily Express' quest to have a Princess Diana story on the front page virtually every day used to see them reprinting the same old pish repeatedly.

The Daily Mail update them, keep the old stuff and add the new so you can get the full story, but they do not do what STV has just done with that story yesterday.

Private Eye.

Lulz.

Got started on in that place at New Years, shower of p***ks, went in with 2 mates who were keen and faced about 30 strippers and no other blokes, 2 of them went away and one by one I knocked the strippers back refusing to part with a wad of cash for a few minutes of tits/flange, for one of them the rejection was to much to handle and she started shouting things like 'are you gay?' 'Whats your problem you're just upsetting everyone' etc etc after I told her to politely 'get to f**k' she squared up to me, forcing the bouncers to remove me from the premises. Had the last laugh though as 2 said mates came out £80 lighte.....

Oh f**k, you said Private Eye, no Eyes... ;)

I agree, Private Eye = :lol: