Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

The 2006 Montenegro referendum was above the 80% mark too.

Interesting quote I found about polling when looking for turnout "Polling throughout the campaign was sporadic" :lol:

Sporadic, incidentally, sounds like it could be a Montenegrin surname.

Results just in for my house:

Yes - 100% (me and my wife)

No- 0%

DK - 0%

So, when the DK's are taken away, it looks like this:

Yes - 100%

No - 0%

"When you remove the Don't Knows, this poll makes for quite interesting reading" -

Professor John Curtice, reacting to Confidemus' poll last night.

Kind of a poll, I s'pose:

Indie....jpg

Weirdly they also seemed to have a debate two weeks earlier:

http://www.hyndland-sec.glasgow.sch.uk/News/Story.aspx?SectionId=c01e35ba-97db-49eb-8493-ffba433eb827&StoryId=7278611e-60c7-4305-8c35-15bbe1de1499

Unless it is the same debate and I've made a complete arse of it.

Edited by Jamaldo

Weirdly they also seemed to have a debate two weeks earlier:

http://www.hyndland-sec.glasgow.sch.uk/News/Story.aspx?SectionId=c01e35ba-97db-49eb-8493-ffba433eb827&StoryId=7278611e-60c7-4305-8c35-15bbe1de1499

Unless it is the same debate and I've made a complete arse of it.

Weird. The one I got was from 5th July. Ah well, they're for indy and that's the main thing. Clever wee west end shites.

ETA: I see one of the pupils is called "Kindred Willow".

Magic.

Edited by Confidemus

Did the Quebec referendum have compulsory voting? I ask because turnout in the 90s is really high, even for a referendum perceived to be of special importance.

As an indication, the 1997 devolution referendum had a turnout of only 60% and the 1979 one was only 64%. UK elections just don't have high turn-outs and haven't done for a long time. To break 70% would be a strong day and to break 80% would be record-breaking.

Can't find anything on compulsory voting.

Portillo had some interesting things to say about the polls tonight, basically saying that they were up until about 4 weeks to go absolutely worthless.

The first sheer joy I experienced in politics was Portillo getting emptied. I'll be channelling that result the whole of election day.

Had a look at the odds on independence and see that the bookies have a 'Yes' vote out as far as 5/1. Made me feel a little bit less confident.

11/2 with Betfred.