Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

He didn't ask you about the currency.

So is he going to begin his argument like this?...

"Putting the currency issue to one side for a moment, here is why the economic argument for an independent Scotland makes perfect business sense....."

Aye, okay. The argument falls flat at the first hurdle.

You can tell by the smiley face in every single post that thepundit is happy.

Not every post.

But yeah, I'm very happy. Life is good.

SKYBET now only offering 1/10 on NO. However, they go 11/2 on YES.

post-19928-0-81749800-1407611176_thumb.j

But !!!!!

Just to keep NO folks feet on the ground, here's how the betting went in 30 days in 2011.

Labour were 1/12 to win the Scottish Election on the 5th of April, SNP were 6/1.

By the 4th of May, Labour were 5/1 and SNP were 1/12.

SNP won it in 30+ days.

http://www.holyrood.com/2011/05/betting-on-the-outcome/

A referendum is somewhat different though, I just thought I'd post that link though. The bookies and polls can be wrong.

So is he going to begin his argument like this?...

"Putting the currency issue to one side for a moment, here is why the economic argument for an independent Scotland makes perfect business sense....."

Aye, okay. The argument falls flat at the first hurdle.

Not every post.

But yeah, I'm very happy. Life is good.

Why doesn't Scotland's economy stack up when compared to the UKs ?

We'll either have a CU or no debt. Simples :)

Why doesn't Scotland's economy stack up when compared to the UKs ?

We'll either have a CU or no debt. Simples :)

Simples?

I disagree. Do you think Scotland will just refuse to take its share of the debt and that will be the end of the matter?

The UK won't demand a larger share of the oil? Or that borrowing won't be a problem for an independent Scotland? Or the UK (and possibly other countries) wouldn't veto Scotlands application to join the European Union?

Scotland refusing to take it's share of the debt is by no means "simples".

Simples?

I disagree. Do you think Scotland will just refuse to take its share of the debt and that will be the end of the matter?

The UK won't demand a larger share of the oil? Or that borrowing won't be a problem for an independent Scotland? Or the UK (and possibly other countries) wouldn't veto Scotlands application to join the European Union?

An advanced Western European country with no debt, an account surplus, trade surplus and loads oil would be totally fine.

All those scenarios you've laid out basically just highlight why common sense will prevail. No side will want to start taking shots over debt, trident and the rest. A deal WILL be done.

Simples?

I loved the way you totally left out FASLANE.

Scotland will not be reneging on the debt. Scotland will have NO obligation to pay any of the debt.

Would you continue to pay a mortgage and council tax on a house that you neither own or live in?

Any country that vetoes Scotland will put themselves on the shitpile with every other country who wants Scotland in.

Borrowing will be a piece o piss for Scotland.

Simples?

Can I refer you to Armando Iannucci:

I'm disappointed by the lack of ambition.Scotland's voting on the next 100 years; both men just talked about the next 2 or 3. #ScotDecides

SKYBET now only offering 1/10 on NO. However, they go 11/2 on YES.

attachicon.gifbetsindy121.jpg

But !!!!!

Just to keep NO folks feet on the ground, here's how the betting went in 30 days in 2011.

Labour were 1/12 to win the Scottish Election on the 5th of April, SNP were 6/1.

By the 4th of May, Labour were 5/1 and SNP were 1/12.

SNP won it in 30+ days.

http://www.holyrood.com/2011/05/betting-on-the-outcome/

A referendum is somewhat different though, I just thought I'd post that link though. The bookies and polls can be wrong.

Unlike 2011 there isn't a Lib Dem vote to collapse to the SNP.

amazed yes is 13/2 on betfair. i can't believe it is that unlikely.

Aye amazing how the price can be altered by a few big tory punters????

Taking my political head off for a moment and putting my greedy bassa head on.

Get your money on yes now. Price is certain to drop.

Then lay it a couple of days out. Easy money.????