Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

better get a "shift" on to get the rest of the country, 2 at a time is not going to get "momentum" to show a "trend" towards gaining independence

Extrapolate that out and of course it will make a difference.

Sheesh.

f**k this, I'll be on here on 19th Sept shit. If you're really passionate about this, please just take a week off P&B if it's a No vote.

Watching HB go from his usual WUM act to full fat Mr Bairn/8mile level trying to be funny trolling was painful enough reading, never mind people actually arguing back.

better get a "shift" on to get the rest of the country, 2 at a time is not going to get "momentum" to show a "trend" towards gaining independence

He's not the only one experiencing this though, is he?

Forget about the polls, everything will change once the date of the referendum is announced - the one year countdown begins - the White Paper is released - The Commonwealth Games start - The big debate - the day of the referendum.

Poll sample size - 1000

So what :whistle

I converted 2 undecideds at work today just by having a chat.

A guy at work has been handing round the white paper and has convinced dozens.

Nobody I know has ever been asked their opinion by poll organisations.

Anybody on here?

That's exactly how to do it. Quiet one on one chats is the most productive tactic, backed up with the appropriate literature. Nobody I know has been polled either btw and in fact, nobody I know even knows anyone who has. FFS! who is actually being asked to take part in these polls?

He's not the only one experiencing this though, is he?

I would suggest to you that the numbers experiencing this are not as many as you think or in fact require, just saying

Extrapolate that out and of course it will make a difference.

Sheesh.

but not a big enough of a difference

We're clearly not. Your head doesn't equate to the real world, champ.

No it isn't. Honestly, do you No voters ever achieve anything in your lives? A bunch of defeatist no hopers.

I've heard lots of instances of DK's and soft No's being converted to Yes. None going the other way, other than No voters trying to be funny. Anyone who thinks that Yes can't win are kidding themselves.

I would not take anything away from the despicable first haggis even trying to steal the vote. All this empty rhetoric about phony DKs might be designed to cover the separatists fall back plan. I wouldn't trust Salmond to hold a door open for his OAP wife if he could squeeze another vote for separation.

I would not take anything away from the despicable first haggis even trying to steal the vote. All this empty rhetoric about phony DKs might be designed to cover the separatists fall back plan. I wouldn't trust Salmond to hold a door open for his OAP wife if he could squeeze another vote for separation.

:wacko:

That's exactly how to do it. Quiet one on one chats is the most productive tactic, backed up with the appropriate literature. Nobody I know has been polled either btw and in fact, nobody I know even knows anyone who has. FFS! who is actually being asked to take part in these polls?

Probably less than 5% of the population. Not sure why you would expect that you would know them personally, the chances are very slim. In terms of trends though, most show there hasn't been significant movement to Yes for a long time. Sickening really. I am starting to despise Unionists and Rangers fans especially.

I can see where you're coming from in that I speak to recently converted yessers regularly but you would have to assume these cretins are also getting through to people.

My argument against using polls to definitively predict the final outcome though has always been that with the 'uncertainty' campaign that no have persisted with, undecideds are never going to be fully no until the day of the referendum (it's generally accepted that indy offers more than the union, it's just perceived as more risky, right?) so these people are there to be convinced, it's just a case of getting through to them in time. Basically a yes is a definite yes but there are definitely soft nos.

The 3 people in my office were firm nos and now all 3 are undecided. Not saying it's reflective of the whole country or anything but I haven't once met someone who had changed from yes to no.

Probably less than 5% of the population. Not sure why you would expect that you would know them personally, the chances are very slim. In terms of trends though, most show there hasn't been significant movement to Yes for a long time. Sickening really. I am starting to despise Unionists and Rangers fans especially.

I can see where you're coming from in that I speak to recently converted yessers regularly but you would have to assume these cretins are also getting through to people.

My argument against using polls to definitively predict the final outcome though has always been that with the 'uncertainty' campaign that no have persisted with, undecideds are never going to be fully no until the day of the referendum (it's generally accepted that indy offers more than the union, it's just perceived as more risky, right?) so these people are there to be convinced, it's just a case of getting through to them in time. Basically a yes is a definite yes but there are definitely soft nos.

The 3 people in my office were firm nos and now all 3 are undecided. Not saying it's reflective of the whole country or anything but I haven't once met someone who had changed from yes to no.

The biggest problem Yes face is the distrust of politicians in general.

Forgive the late entry into the debate but just wanted to add an observation.

I'm in the military, currently based in Cyprus, and I've genuinely yet to meet any Scots who are voting No.

Met a couple of undecideds but, on chatting, they have yet to engage in the debate.

Only anecdotal of course but I always assumed, before the start of the referendum campaign, that the forces would be a bastion of Unionism.........apparently not!

As frequently indicated, the polls do not appear to reflect what is happening on the ground.

The biggest problem Yes face is the distrust of politicians in general.

This is something I do come across. The ''ach they're all the same, whatever way we vote, we'll be shafted'' argument. I then have to explain, that whilst that may ring true to some extent with party politics, this referendum is not the same thing. It is indeed tiresome and another example of why I disagree with Salmond & Sturgeon's continued assertion that ''the Scottish people are not stupid''. Though it pains me greatly to say it, it is my experience that a great many of them are. :(

We're clearly not. Your head doesn't equate to the real world, champ.

No it isn't. Honestly, do you No voters ever achieve anything in your lives? A bunch of defeatist no hopers.

I've heard lots of instances of DK's and soft No's being converted to Yes. None going the other way, other than No voters trying to be funny. Anyone who thinks that Yes can't win are kidding themselves.

...yeah <_<

Confidemus, are you ever not seething over this issue or people conceding that a No vote is very highly likely? The debate and the latest poll seems to have pushed you over the edge into permaseethe.

I feel that debate or something of a similar magnitude has came to late. The debates had everyone speaking about it, should've happened a while back to get people engaged. Big f**k up from Salmond not driving home why people should vote YES either. Think he shat himself, not happy at his performance.

Who will the next debate involve?