Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Salmond would have to personally locate and reanimate Osama Bin Laden's corpse for the Yes vote to finish below 43%. Absolutely buying money.

Well the MSM might try a story like this, given that we are already hearing Brown Shirts, Gestapo et al with increasing frequency. There really don't seem to be any limits.

Salmond would have to personally locate and reanimate Osama Bin Laden's corpse for the Yes vote to finish below 43%. Absolutely buying money.

Bookmarked.

How much you got on it then?

Another reason to vote Yes.

Anyone who has this much money to gamble with deserves to lose. Bell-end of the highest order.

Eh?

Why is he a bell-end for doing this? It's an investment - same as any other investment that "may go down as well as up".

Would he be a bell-end if he bought 1 million pounds worth of Apple shares?

It really is.

Neither side is going to get below 45%.

No could easily win 53-47 but if Yes wins it could be as tight as 51-49.

Yeah, the chances of Yes getting over 42.5 % should be closer to 10 to 1 on than 10/11.

Im skeptical this is true. Wouldn't mind seeing a screengrab of the bet's availability.

Haven't had a chance to look in to this yet but I heard opinion polls base their methodology on their being a 50-60% turnout.

If there is a turnout of say 80% then their accuracy could be wildly out.

So how much does the accuracy decrease by if 1001 people are polled based on a 80% turnout rather than a 60% turnout?

Just checked and the Yes over/under at Laddies is actually 43.5%

even better looking odds is 7/2 on Yes polling in the 45-50 range. Might need to lump that one.

You'd do better to lump some cash on Yes getting over 50%.

Because it WILL happen.

Edited by Confidemus

Just checked and the Yes over/under at Laddies is actually 43.5%

even better looking odds is 7/2 on Yes polling in the 45-50 range. Might need to lump that one.

Still think > 43.5 is decent value, but obviously not as much of a cert.

Can't see Yes getting any less than 44 or any more than 48, so yeah, 7/2 is very decent for that range also.

You know, Confi, I'm starting to think it might just happen. In saying that the current odds seem to be underselling Yes's probabilities. I'll wait and see if she drifts out a little bit towards 5s or 6s

I'm confident of Yes getting in the 53 - 58% range.

It is worth dutching up the 45-50% with Ladbrokes at 7/2 with the 50-54% with VC at 5/1 which combine for just a shade under 13/8. Not saying that it will land but is certainly where the value is. Personally I would have the 45-54% priced up about 1/3ish at minimum.