Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Just checked and the Yes over/under at Laddies is actually 43.5%.

even better looking odds is 7/2 on Yes polling in the 45-50 range. Might need to lump that one.

Paddy Power had the line at 43.5% for the last couple of weeks so I'm not surprised Ladbrokes have now moved theirs. I still think it's a good bet, would be very surprised if Yes polls under 45%.

While I don't trust the polls, have you noticed how now they are much closer how the mainstream media has suddenly stopped posting them, or if they do they are no longer as prominent.

Reputations now at stake. As mentioned many times before they all can't be right given how different they are right now.

YouGov gave a rise to the Yes side of 4% in one week and that was after to first Salmond v Darling TV debate.

YouGov in particular haven't been kind to the Yes vote in the past. But either they have got it drastically wrong or pollsters like Panelbase have.

Clock is ticking and you will see a large swing to Yes or a large drop in Yes support as pollsters try and get it right for polling day

The paranoia surrounding polls is getting a bit Mitt Romney-esque tbh. There are good methodological concerns in terms of weighting a one-off referendum to any GE voting intentions, and turnout being predicted far higher than any election in living memory. Yet every polling company would have to be making the same mistakes in every single poll for Yes to be holding a phantom lead instead. That's almost certainly not the case.

The point that is worth being made, rather, is that the methodology may well be exaggerating the margin required between now and the referendum for Yes to overhaul.

The paranoia surrounding polls is getting a bit Mitt Romney-esque tbh. There are good methodological concerns in terms of weighting a one-off referendum to any GE voting intentions, and turnout being predicted far higher than any election in living memory. Yet every polling company would have to be making the same mistakes in every single poll for Yes to be holding a phantom lead instead. That's almost certainly not the case.

The point that is worth being made, rather, is that the methodology may well be exaggerating the margin required between now and the referendum for Yes to overhaul.

I think the issue is that some people see the activity for Yes on social media and equate that with overall popularity. There will be a large section of the electorate for whom this referendum has largely passed them by so far - folk who don't go near social media or don't particularly have a deep-seated interest in any kind of politics.

I think the issue is that some people see the activity for Yes on social media and equate that with overall popularity. There will be a large section of the electorate for whom this referendum has largely passed them by so far - folk who don't go near social media or don't particularly have a deep-seated interest in any kind of politics.

Who will ALL vote Yes.

:)

No that's Survation. If YouGov shows that, we've won. I would bet on Yes.

yougov it is ;)

Nick Robinson @bbcnickrobinson 16m

Interviewing @AlexSalmond in the morning at a distillery. He'll be smiling & may even raise a glass when he sees latest YouGov poll

Edited by doulikefish