Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Kaz I still think we can win soft no voters over.

This. While there is no doubt we have the momentum, we can't afford to be complacent for a moment. We still need to work on our friends, families and colleagues. And, as has been the case for all this referendum, despite what the MSM and Tiny Tears Murphy would have you believe, it doesn't have to be vitriolic.

Careful, calm, considered explanations of the unanswerable benefits of an iScotland will win this for us.

We can and WILL do this!

I predict the main seeth to come when folk realise that Yes lost by <10% and 10% or so Scotland are from rUK with a huge bias towards No. Basically, 'the English stole our independence' type stuff despite the SG clearly giving them a vote as part of 'the people of Scotland'.

Possibly. Yes. I also know a couple of Scots that were born and raised here, but moved down South or abroad, that say they would vote Yes and are pretty upset that they cant vote

Possibly. Yes. I also know a couple of Scots that were born and raised here, but moved down South or abroad, that say they would vote Yes and are pretty upset that they cant vote

Kind of odd when a pillar of the Yes campaign seems to be "Scotland is best run by the people who live here". That would be the rUK No voters who have chosen to settle here, not the expats.

They are fuds. They, like me, chose to leave. Why should I have a say in the future of a country I have consciously taken action to move away from?

Kind of odd when a pillar of the Yes campaign seems to be "Scotland is best run by the people who live here". That would be the rUK No voters who have chosen to settle here, not the expats.

It is, and the criteria for voting is exactly as it should be.

Very encouraging but I'm wondering if we are in danger of encouraging soft/complacent no's out to vote?

I think there is a danger of that, but there is also the possibility that a lot of undecided folk will follow the momentum and go with what seems popular right now.

YouGov poll causing "Severe Jitters" and setting off "Alarm bells in Westminster" says @SkyNews' John Craig.

I would imagine the same is happening to the Unionist posters on here...

Be prepared for 2 weeks of intense lies, smearing and scaremongering. The dying spasms of a rotten campaign.

I'm not quite sure I see your point here, nobody is saying differently? An Englishman living in Scotland has as much right to vote which ever way they want as I do. You're getting in to the right loonies that would argue otherwise.

To clarify, I'm saying that the people who live here should make the decisions about Scotland's future. That includes the English who live in Scotland and excludes Scots who decided to leave Scotland behind.

I find it odd that the Scots who left (and are peeved that they can't get a vote) agree with the Yes campaign when a large part of their argument is that Scotland should be run by the people who live in Scotland. It seems incredibly contradictive.

To clarify, I'm saying that the people who live here should make the decisions about Scotland's future. That includes the English who live in Scotland and excludes Scots who decided to leave Scotland behind.

I find it odd that the Scots who left (and are peeved that they can't get a vote) agree with the Yes campaign when a large part of their argument is that Scotland should be run by the people who live in Scotland. It seems incredibly contradictive.

I don't get your point here.

I don't get your point here.

My initial post referred back to this:

I also know a couple of Scots that were born and raised here, but moved down South or abroad, that say they would vote Yes and are pretty upset that they cant vote

The people who Mr Bairn refers to are Yes voters. A main argument behind the yes vote is that the people who live in Scotland should be the ones who make the decisions about Scotland's future, not the rUK. However, Mr Bairn's friends who live in rUK or further afield are complaining that they can't get to vote Yes in a vote about Scotland's future which is completely against what they'd be voting for.

Essentially, I can't see how people living outside Scotland can be annoyed at not getting to vote, especially those that want to vote Yes.

The people who Mr Bairn refers to are Yes voters. A main argument behind the yes vote is that the people who live in Scotland should be the ones who make the decisions about Scotland's future, not the rUK. However, Mr Bairn's friends who live in rUK or further afield are complaining that they can't get to vote Yes in a vote about Scotland's future which is completely against what they'd be voting for.

Essentially, I can't see how people living outside Scotland can be annoyed at not getting to vote, especially those that want to vote Yes.

That makes no sense what so ever.

It actually isn't. Most I know who have left, left because they had better prospects and opportunities elsewhere. They see that as a failure on the part of Scotland within the UK. An independent Scotland with a different political set up and outlook may be better placed to offer the opportunities they did not have when living there. Many feel that Scotland has been mismanaged, forcing out people who would have preferred to stay.

ETA, I think I may have mis read your post, so what I have said possibly makes absolutely no sense in the context of your point.

Edited by Ross.

That makes no sense what so ever.

How?

Do you think that people who live outside of Scotland should get a vote when Yes voters are complaining that they currently don't get what they vote for because of the votes that come from the rest of the UK?

I see it as Mr Bairn's acquaintances saying "I think that only the people living in Scotland should decide on Scottish matters... except just now where it should opened up elsewhere". That's surely contradictive???

Most I know who have left, left because they had better prospects and opportunities elsewhere. They see that as a failure on the part of Scotland within the UK. An independent Scotland with a different political set up and outlook may be better placed to offer the opportunities they did not have when living there. Many feel that Scotland has been mismanaged, forcing out people who would have preferred to stay.

TBF, you could equally say that an iScotland would be more attractive to people from England/Wales/NI too so why not give them a vote as well?

Edited by Hedgecutter

I think I agree, I couldn't give the slightest shite what anyone outside Scotland thinks, if you don't live here you'd have to ask yourself why you don't live here if you love it so much, they'll not find many answers that help UKOK when they actually analyse their reasons for being outside Scotland.

How?

Do you think that people who live outside of Scotland should get a vote when Yes voters are complaining that they currently don't get what they vote for because of the votes that come from the rest of the UK?

I see it as Mr Bairn's acquaintances saying "I think that only the people living in Scotland should decide on Scottish matters... except just now where it should opened up elsewhere". That's surely contradictive???

TBF, you could equally say that an iScotland would be more attractive to people from England/Wales/NI too so why not give them a vote as well?

It's like saying that Alex Ferguson should still be allowed to pick the team at ManU.