Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

11 minutes ago, sophia said:

There's an inevitability about this. 

support-for-scottish-independence-february-2024-trend.jpg

All that says to me its inevitably going to swing back and forward over and under 50%.

What I don't understand is why it isn't a continuous growth in support for independence for the last 14 years.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Highlights from the full poll by Ipsos.

According to BBS, Ipsos regularly poll the SNP and Yes higher than other pollsters. 

f**k me, are Reform out polling Alba? What a riddy that is.

1 hour ago, HTG said:

Can you show us the democratic route to self determination?

That's up there on the shelf sitting next to books on the Loch Ness Monster and the Kraken, along with popular classics like "The Life and Times of Zeus", "Starship Troopers" and "The Conservative's Guide to Common Decency".

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

2 hours ago, strichener said:

Aye, it is inevitable that we won't be asked again.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, HTG said:

There isn't one.

On 08/02/2024 at 13:05, HTG said:

Illegal it is then eh? What's the best form of illegal pathway to an independent Scotland? 

Na. The Scottish public don't care enough to go down the illegal route, the UK gov knows this so will just carry on saying 'now is not the time' and watch the scotgov consume itself arguing over the way to achieve independence.

Mark Renton summed it up best..."it's a shite state of affairs..."

49 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Na. The Scottish public don't care enough to go down the illegal route, the UK gov knows this so will just carry on saying 'now is not the time' and watch the scotgov consume itself arguing over the way to achieve independence.

Mark Renton summed it up best..."it's a shite state of affairs..."

It is indeed shite that Scots seem to enjoy being under the jackboot heel of Westminster. 

On 08/02/2024 at 11:22, HTG said:

Evidence of the Scottish people actually wanting it, for a long time, then parliament granting a referendum for it, after a significant period of time has elapsed since the last one.  I think 50 years or something would be reasonable.

Refusing the notion of holding continuous referenda until a certain answer is achieved isn’t undemocratic.

We made our democratic decision in 2014.. respect our wishes.

Edited by CarrbridgeSaintee

8 hours ago, GTee said:

Looks like Scotland has some oil and gas again. Also has lots of water and wind forever more. Probably some waves too. A skilled population too. What is holding us back?

The SNP mainly on the wind since they sold off Scotlands offshore wind capability to oil companies for a pittance. 

2 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Evidence of the Scottish people actually wanting it, for a long time, then parliament granting a referendum for it, after a significant period of time has elapsed since the last one.  I think 50 years or something would be reasonable.

Refusing the notion of holding continuous referenda until a certain answer is achieved isn’t undemocratic.

Absolutely correct. Since 2014 all the snp has gone on about is another  referendum while they let everything else in the country get worse. They have also split the people. The amount of money the snp have wasted on having another referendum is disgusting. It should have been spent on services in Scotland to make people's lifes better.

I am sick to the back teeth hearing about another bloody independence referendum. Time to move on. 

3 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

That's just an opinion which carries no more value than fly. You've not articulated in any way, shape or form what the legal route to self-determination is for the people of Scotland. 

1 hour ago, Steelly said:

Absolutely correct. Since 2014 all the snp has gone on about is another  referendum while they let everything else in the country get worse. They have also split the people. The amount of money the snp have wasted on having another referendum is disgusting. It should have been spent on services in Scotland to make people's lifes better.

I am sick to the back teeth hearing about another bloody independence referendum. Time to move on. 

I don't have the figures to hand, but obviously you do as you make comment on the disgusting waste. How much has been spent on having a second referendum since 2014?

34 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I don't have the figures to hand, but obviously you do as you make comment on the disgusting waste. How much has been spent on having a second referendum since 2014?

For starters the minister for independence's salary of nearly 100k.

Then the white papers at a cost of 150k so far.

That's just for starters. 

Edited by Steelly