Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Can I ask why?

Because it is hard to imagine what is going through his head right now. He had stayed at the barrier all night waiting to hear anything about his dad and either the Bbc or Sky had a few seconds of him on camera standing alone looking absolutely gutted.

Just felt really sorry for him, and when I was out today and anyone spoke about the incident that image of him standing popped into my head.

Katie Hopkins is a troll who will write anything to get people to pay attention to her. Ignore her and she will disappear into the pit she came from.

She has been a guest on the wright stuff all week and the other panellists have looked like they could have gladly given her a good slap about every five minutes. She hates everyone who isn't her or her like,Scots are just parasites sucking the tax out of London according to this harpie.

Because it is hard to imagine what is going through his head right now. He had stayed at the barrier all night waiting to hear anything about his dad and either the Bbc or Sky had a few seconds of him on camera standing alone looking absolutely gutted.

Just felt really sorry for him, and when I was out today and anyone spoke about the incident that image of him standing popped into my head.

Not looking good for that guy:

Katie Hopkins, Westboro baptist church and all the other morons are absolute oxygen thieves, same as the neds in the background at the scene smiling and having fun as it unfolded. These people have thankfully however in my opinion and that of many of my colleagues been absolutely drowned out by the support of the public, which for the victims, the police fire and ambulance been wonderful, I didn't go to the scene this morning but work with people who have and the thanks from passers by, the good wishes and strength sent from around the world has made us stronger. People have slagged folks putting messages of support saying they are useless and grief addicts etc but really what it's doing is showing the victims, emergency services workers etc that they aren't alone, which in our jobs we sometimes feel. Keep it up, everyone is doing their bit,be it dominos and Gregg's helping out, the mosques the passers by, the people who helped last night,people offering to give blood,glasgow taxis giving lifts to the hospitals and all the other fantastic gestures,every little thing helps here, it restores faith in humanity. If your miles away and want to help there is the various police benevolent funds, or donate some money to any other charity, give the rescue workers and families of victims a boost send your support. I thought Jim Murphy was outstanding last night, it's not very often we see that side of a politician and having seen incidents whereby people are seriously injured I can relate to his reaction and disbelief, it was genuine. I am so terribly sorry for anyone who has lost a loved one or isn't sure what's happened or even had to watch it not knowing, a horrific accident which will no doubt haunt most involved for the rest of their lives. My views on this are my own.

Great post.

So every time there's an incident we should do a headcount of nearest and dearest before we post? It's tragic for those involved, exaggerating grief and shock then carrying on as if nothing happened is more insulting than the odd smart remark.

I haven't posted anything with grief or anything nearing grief in it,at 12 and 1 o'clock nobody on here knew for sure all those important to them were safe, I prefer to keep my powder dry rather than act the c**t in that sort of situation, I'm not even criticising people for having a wee joke, in adversity Scottish people often share witty banter.

Katie Hopkins, Westboro baptist church and all the other morons are absolute oxygen thieves, same as the neds in the background at the scene smiling and having fun as it unfolded. These people have thankfully however in my opinion and that of many of my colleagues been absolutely drowned out by the support of the public, which for the victims, the police fire and ambulance been wonderful, I didn't go to the scene this morning but work with people who have and the thanks from passers by, the good wishes and strength sent from around the world has made us stronger. People have slagged folks putting messages of support saying they are useless and grief addicts etc but really what it's doing is showing the victims, emergency services workers etc that they aren't alone, which in our jobs we sometimes feel. Keep it up, everyone is doing their bit,be it dominos and Gregg's helping out, the mosques the passers by, the people who helped last night,people offering to give blood,glasgow taxis giving lifts to the hospitals and all the other fantastic gestures,every little thing helps here, it restores faith in humanity. If your miles away and want to help there is the various police benevolent funds, or donate some money to any other charity, give the rescue workers and families of victims a boost send your support. I thought Jim Murphy was outstanding last night, it's not very often we see that side of a politician and having seen incidents whereby people are seriously injured I can relate to his reaction and disbelief, it was genuine. I am so terribly sorry for anyone who has lost a loved one or isn't sure what's happened or even had to watch it not knowing, a horrific accident which will no doubt haunt most involved for the rest of their lives. My views on this are my own.

Nicely put.

One of the victims has been named as Gary Arthur, 48 from Paisley. His daughter plays for Celtic and Scotland Under 19s.

Saw it on Twitter last night but didn't want to post until it had been confirmed. He was one of the customers in the pub. There are also a couple of names going around regarding the pilot and one of the police officers, but again I'm not posting them until they are officially confirmed.

Saw it on Twitter last night but didn't want to post until it had been confirmed. He was one of the customers in the pub. There are also a couple of names going around regarding the pilot and one of the police officers, but again I'm not posting them until they are officially confirmed.

The pilots name is in the paper and all over the news this morning. 51 year old David Trail, papers also saying that John MCGarrigle 59 was killed in the pub.

The pilots name is in the paper and all over the news this morning. 51 year old David Trail, papers also saying that John MCGarrigle 59 was killed in the pub.

That's the Father of the guy who waited at the barriers...

Yeah I thought so, not sure how the paper got that information if the poor guy hasn't even been informed. May of changed since yesterday afternoon though. Attaching things to the helicopter to try to move it today, hopefully goes smoothly.

I though Salmonds quote was a bit weird. Why introduce the whole St Andrews Day bit? Who gives two fucks what day it was? Added nothing to his substantive point.

So if this happened on Christmas Day, it wouldn't make any difference on the tragedy-meter?

To me, the St Andrews Day thing was stating that people should have been celebrating on St Andrews Day rather than grieving / worrying for their friends and relatives. He clearly said it was a dark day for Scotland... on what's meant to be our national day of celebration. No doubt folk with their political agenda will twist that into Salmond trying to bring in nationalism given the opportunity though.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Eh no. It was a total David Brent moment.

Salmonds quote was just dreadful.

'It's a dark day for Glasgow and Scotland. But.. it's also St. Andrew s day'.

So fucking what you fat mess? It was just a stupid stupid thing to say.

To the idiots trying to point score by bringing politics into it - please shut the f**k up. I don't think many people are too bothered about that kind Of shit right now.

Yep.

It's the usual narcissists and attention seekers on here that have been jumping in with stuff like that. No surprise.