SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

2 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Cracker! Renton loves those Chuck-it balls too. Aerobie frisbees were good too as they fly so far. Live is the sticks now so tends to just be sticks he chases now. 

So is yours. Aye they go for absolute miles, doesn't take too many throws to tire her out haha! Weirdly she's never had any interest in sticks, but balls are a different story.

Our new addition to the family and my first experience of owning a dog. My family pet growing up was a cat so moving on to a dog has been a bit of a shock. My wife however is a dog lover and has had dogs when she was younger so was desperate to have one. Only had him since Friday evening and whilst he's incredibly playful and good fun it's been really had work thus far. My wife works in a school so is out all day whereas I'm still working from home. Trying to juggle work, playing with the dog, recognising when to take him outside to do his business has been tough. He's also been biting our son, playfully, but he won't seem to stop regardless of how much we try to distract him with a chew toy. Hopefully he'll calm down as time ticks on. Refuses to go in his crate during the day and just whines and whines. Sleeping overnight though which is a bonus.

Ozzy 1.jpg

34 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Our new addition to the family and my first experience of owning a dog. My family pet growing up was a cat so moving on to a dog has been a bit of a shock. My wife however is a dog lover and has had dogs when she was younger so was desperate to have one. Only had him since Friday evening and whilst he's incredibly playful and good fun it's been really had work thus far. My wife works in a school so is out all day whereas I'm still working from home. Trying to juggle work, playing with the dog, recognising when to take him outside to do his business has been tough. He's also been biting our son, playfully, but he won't seem to stop regardless of how much we try to distract him with a chew toy. Hopefully he'll calm down as time ticks on. Refuses to go in his crate during the day and just whines and whines. Sleeping overnight though which is a bonus.

Ozzy 1.jpg

simple rules for this.

Every time he wakes up.

Every hour if he's awake

If he seems restless

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

simple rules for this.

Every time he wakes up.

Every hour if he's awake

If he seems restless

Aye been hearing that's the best way to approach things. He's had a couple of accidents today and my wife is constantly moaning but I'm trying to have work related calls which is when he decides is the best time to drop a steamer 😅

19 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:wub:

Congratulations. He'll be hard work but by next Friday you'll be head over heels in love with him. He's a beauty.

Thank you 😊 I've really taken to him and can now see the joy they bring. He's got my company throughout the day so bonding has been going well. He's doing a power of sleeping - one minute he's going doolally next he's out for the count. Looking forward to when we can take him out and about once he's had all his jags. He does get a bit whingey when the wife isn't around but heard this breed can have a bit of separation anxiety. 

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

Ozzy 1.jpg

What’s he biting mate?  Is it finger nibbles or ankles?

Either way it’s about learned behaviour.   You’re doing the right thing by substituting with a toy but you also need to try and discourage the behaviour then reward with the toy.  I use a sharp “No” ti discourage.  Any sharp sound like a handclap will do it.  It’s about distracting them from what they’re doing.  Sharp noises get their attention.  Once they’ve stopped the “bad” behaviour they get the reward.

First ever dog is hard work.  You’ll get loads wrong.  I’ve had loads and still get it wrong.  Each new puppy is a learning experience because they’re all different.

1246212759_Ozzy1.thumb.jpg.e238ec60ad5a3b21a181b8eca7423e71.jpg
Is he a cavapoo? He's the absolute double of our wee man when we got him 2 years ago!

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

What’s he biting mate?  Is it finger nibbles or ankles?

Either way it’s about learned behaviour.   You’re doing the right thing by substituting with a toy but you also need to try and discourage the behaviour then reward with the toy.  I use a sharp “No” ti discourage.  Any sharp sound like a handclap will do it.  It’s about distracting them from what they’re doing.  Sharp noises get their attention.  Once they’ve stopped the “bad” behaviour they get the reward.

First ever dog is hard work.  You’ll get loads wrong.  I’ve had loads and still get it wrong.  Each new puppy is a learning experience because they’re all different.

Aye fingers, toes, bits of clothing like socks and sleeves. To be fair he's stopped doing it to me predominantly after doing what you mentioned. My son though ends up laughing and running about so the dog probably thinks it's some game so trying to teach him the suitable methods as well. He's into everything at the moment, can't walk into the kitchen without him following me and anything he can get his jaws onto he'll nibble it. 

35 minutes ago, pencils said:
5 hours ago, Raithie said:

1246212759_Ozzy1.thumb.jpg.e238ec60ad5a3b21a181b8eca7423e71.jpg

Is he a cavapoo? He's the absolute double of our wee man when we got him 2 years ago!

Yeah a cavapoo and he's just turned 8 weeks old. Me and the bairn are allergic to most dogs so plumped for this breed as heard they are hypoallergenic. So far neither of us have had any allergic reactions. 

Guest Wieghortsnut
3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

The King of Whitfield.

Long live the King. 🤴

How did you know his name was Arthur haha

Yeah a cavapoo and he's just turned 8 weeks old. Me and the bairn are allergic to most dogs so plumped for this breed as heard they are hypoallergenic. So far neither of us have had any allergic reactions. 
Great wee dogs. He will fill your life's with happiness and love!
This is the wee man at the top of dumyat this morning. 9b21e1f3c696496b23d899826f58fafe.jpg

Walked my old friend Duke for the last time today as his owners are moving back to the US.

I love all the dogs I walk but I reckon he's my favourite ever, he wasn't sure of me to start with so it took a few walks before he fully trusted me but once it clicked it was amazing, he's just the best dog really easy going, most of the dogs I walk have moments where they misbehave slightly or don't listen but not the Dukester, I'll miss him a lot.

Bow wow old friend bow wow.

Dogs eh

IMG_20220529_175752.jpg

2 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Walked my old friend Duke for the last time today as his owners are moving back to the US.

I love all the dogs I walk but I reckon he's my favourite ever, he wasn't sure of me to start with so it took a few walks before he fully trusted me but once it clicked it was amazing, he's just the best dog really easy going, most of the dogs I walk have moments where they misbehave slightly or don't listen but not the Dukester, I'll miss him a lot.

Bow wow old friend bow wow.

Dogs eh

IMG_20220529_175752.jpg

The look on the cat is priceless haha

On 31/05/2022 at 16:04, Raithie said:

Ozzy 1.jpg

Cavapoos and Cockapoos are manic until they are around 4 months old. They mouth playfully rather than bite and training should deal with it.

They then calm down but don't lose their natural energy. Be prepared for lots of fun, long walks and ball games.