The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

I deleted it in favour of yours as various time paradoxes would have led to disputes that could have torn the thread apart. I'm far too hungover to come up with another one.

Here's another one. Who am I? Went to Ayr Academy, one of Dundee's 1961/62 Scottish League Division One Championship and 1962/63 European Cup Semi-Finalist squads and apart from also playing for Scotland and the Scottish League played for 2 English teams who played in red and white then finished up 3 games closer to his birth place who played in the same colours as his home town team.

38 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Here's another one. Who am I? Went to Ayr Academy, one of Dundee's 1961/62 Scottish League Division One Championship and 1962/63 European Cup Semi-Finalist squads and apart from also playing for Scotland and the Scottish League played for 2 English teams who played in red and white then finished up 3 games closer to his birth place who played in the same colours as his home town team.

I think a numbers question would prob work better. We could be here a while if we both keep getting it right (unlikely) or both keep getting it wrong (vvvvvv likely). As for this one, again, I haven't a clue.

I think a numbers question would prob work better. We could be here a while if we both keep getting it right (unlikely) or both keep getting it wrong (vvvvvv likely). As for this one, again, I haven't a clue.

Ure sure about that?

If supermik doesn't know either I've thought of a way of phrasing my question that won't risk fracturing the space/time continuum. 

Ian Ure was the answer so Welshbairn please phrase your question that so one of them will lose.

From the perspective of somebody on a space ship travelling as close to the speed of light as makes no difference, how long would it take to go from Earth to the centre of the Galaxy?

P.S. The ship would already be travelling at near light speed as it passes Earth and will not slow down as it approaches the centre of the Galaxy.

Edited by welshbairn

From the perspective of somebody on a space ship travelling as close to the speed of light as makes no difference, how long would it take to go from Earth to the centre of the Galaxy?
P.S. The ship would already be travelling at near light speed as it passes Earth and will not slow down as it approaches the centre of the Galaxy.

-1/12

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Ian Ure

ETA: Should have read the rest of the posts...

Edited by Jacksgranda

We have a winner.

Leeds Saint said 14 Billion years if I counted the zeros correctly. That would be close if it was the centre of the Universe rather than the centre of the Galaxy. Another problem is that the boffins say the Universe doesn't have a centre, but I think the Big Bang happened about 14.5 billion years ago.

supermik said 29,000 years, very close, the figure I have is 25,000 years.

supermik progresses to the final.

Edited by welshbairn