The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

One cup result in..

Supermik 3-3 Leeds Saint

Both managers breathe a sigh of relief, yet have it all to do again. Just waiting on alang1993 afore I set the tie-break. 

Hadn't even realised the next round had been drawn:lol: Will have a look, then do that quiz and Thursday's quiz

9 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Hadn't even realised the next round had been drawn:lol: Will have a look, then do that quiz and Thursday's quiz

Sorry about that, didn't want to put you off kilter ... it's just I might struggle to post over the next few days. 

And in more bad news... 

Alang1993 7-8 WhiteRoseKillie. 

WRK gets through to (yet another) final. His league form might have dipped somewhat, but he's unassailable in the cup. 

Sooo... a tie-break question for Leed Saint and Supermik...can anyone think of a good one. Or Edmund, have you got your cloud quiz there?!

6/10, happy with that as only knew 2. Actress and painter thanks to the excellent Painting thread elsewhere in GN

ETA 2/10 for the cup quiz, and one of them was a total guess. I only knew the governor question :lol:

Edited by jagfox99

Will it be enough to avoid relegation 6/10. Knew painter, handrail, Prunella Scales and FFA Cup, guessed boxing and currency.

WRK: it was about Australian football but the kind this forum is about. FFA = Football Federation Australia. 

32 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Sorry about that, didn't want to put you off kilter ... it's just I might struggle to post over the next few days. 

And in more bad news... 

Alang1993 7-8 WhiteRoseKillie. 

WRK gets through to (yet another) final. His league form might have dipped somewhat, but he's unassailable in the cup. 

Sooo... a tie-break question for Leed Saint and Supermik...can anyone think of a good one. Or Edmund, have you got your cloud quiz there?!

Lost the cloud quiz but if you don;t go with Welshbairn's suggestion then this. In the Scotland v Australia WC Paly-off games in 1985 there were 3 Scottish born Socceroos. 2 of them were on the books of both Dundee United and Forfar Athletic before emigrating. The other was playing for a now defunct Scottish club at the time. Name at least 2 of the 3.

11 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Lost the cloud quiz but if you don;t go with Welshbairn's suggestion then this. In the Scotland v Australia WC Paly-off games in 1985 there were 3 Scottish born Socceroos. 2 of them were on the books of both Dundee United and Forfar Athletic before emigrating. The other was playing for a now defunct Scottish club at the time. Name at least 2 of the 3.

I'll delete mine, your's is better and not liable to disputation on grounds of perspective.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Cheers Edmund. If the particpiants can post their answers towards him, that'd be great. If it's still a tie, we have plenty of time for another tie-breaker!

I'll try and post the tables tomorrow morning before I leave, but I'm afraid you (Edmund) are BWV are looking decidedly peelly-wally! Meanwhile downstairs, Jagfox only has to remember his own name to get promoted. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Cheers Edmund. If the particpiants can post their answers towards him, that'd be great. If it's still a tie, we have plenty of time for another tie-breaker!

I'll try and pose the tables tomorrow morning before I leave, but I'm afraid you (Edmund) are BWV are looking decidedly peelly-wally! Meanwhile downstairs, Jagfox only has to remember his own name to get promoted. 

No worries cobber and have a good trip. A possibly unhelpful clue, one of the Dundee United/Forfar Athletic duo never played any first team games for either club.