The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I was happy with my 7/10 until I saw the numbers posted.  Some absolutely terrific scores this week.

Note to @Cardinal Richelieuwho will be the spreadsheet Tzar when you're in Albania?

Another 7 for me. Personally, quite happy with my puggie-like 777 in my first foray into the top flight. Can't believe Edmund's 2 out of 10 though... most out of character... he's bottom of the league and half the teams still have a quiz in hand. 

Re: Quiz League Spreadsheet Japes. I issued a plaintive plea a couple of pages back to deaf ears. If you or anyone would like to edit it, send me a PM with an email address and I'll send you the link to Google Shits. 

Having said that, I'm only away a week and I'm not going to be totally off the grid. I know that my dear Albanian aunt intercepted one of those Laptops for Africa a few years back so technically she has access to the internet, but I can't vouch for its efficacy. Not a week goes past that I don't receive an email complaining about "little boxes appearing", "i keep getting asked to update things" .. and the latest and most bizarre one "a bird keeps cuckooing every time I get an email". 

So even if I can fix her abacus and find 10 minutes when she's not force-feeding food into my gullet, any wannabe league administrators would be very welcome!

10 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Another 7 for me. Personally, quite happy with my puggie-like 777 in my first foray into the top flight. Can't believe Edmund's 2 out of 10 though... most out of character... he's bottom of the league and half the teams still have a quiz in hand. 

Re: Quiz League Spreadsheet Japes. I issued a plaintive plea a couple of pages back to deaf ears. If you or anyone would like to edit it, send me a PM with an email address and I'll send you the link to Google Shits. 

Not a fucking clue what Google Shits is but I do know how to use a counting-grid and would be perfectly happy to keep a tally while you're on the Albertan slopes carving shapes.

Clearly I haven't your wit so posters will have to thole my particular commentary:

Edited by The_Kincardine

Clearly you have my wit as I posted that very clip a couple of pages ago!

Thank you for the offer ... I will shout you up if my aunt's counting machine is proving lacking. Of bigger concern is the Cup semi-final ... I will hunt something down and post it tomorrow as I might too busy clubbing seals over the weekend to do it. 

Will definitely settle for 7/10 on what felt like a tough set. Got the golfer, the Michel Aoun question (despite eliminating two of the four options) and the TV actor wrong. Landed a few guesses. Only ones I knew for sure were the mythology question (from another sphere), the tennis and the US President. Rwanda was a semi-educated guess.