The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

1.  In 1997, Mike Tyson bit a piece off whose ear during a boxing bout? Evander Holyfield. I think nearly everyone got this. 
  2. Which brand of whisky has an image of Lagopus lagopus scotica on the label? Famous Grouse (Alang1993 said Red Grouse but I let him off with it). 
  4. Which Caribbean island group has a reptilian name? More than half of you went for Antilles ... in fact, thought I'd made another cardinal error for a second. But the correct answer was Cayman Islands

1/ I didn't :lol:. Mind went completely blank. (Stayed completely blank might be closer to the truth.

2/ Got that one

4/ And that one

It's all gone fucking mad here. Fireworks going off, people jumping into the fountain and the whole of Rest of the World Square just swarming with hundreds of thousands of celebrating fans.

Haven't seen scenes like this in the Rest of the World since Steve Davis compiled the first televised 147 at the 1982 Lada Classic.

15 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Same here. Should be point deductions for folk that didn't send their answers to cardinal(unless we still wouldn't win, then don't bother)

Wouldn't have helped I'm afraid. 2 results missing from each team. Although Supermik's did disappear into the ether so you can perhaps blame P+B for that. 

Anyway, lets have some league tables.. 

In the Premiership, it's WRK at the front, although Jagfox99 is again in contention for some Premier league silverware. MSU and Cowden0 are MIA. 

1-prem.png.b6deda12bee08b224b98ac86a03a4c86.png

Alang1993 is leading the way in the SWL... a pretty high-scoring league so far, as is the BHL. LivlLion is MIA.

2-steal.png.6e3bd8e11c88f76cbe395a8e626ad966.png

And Dee_62 in front in the BHL. The DA has slipped away after his glorious first season in charge. And I'm fed up reminding Madwullie to take the ruddy quiz. His stock answer is always "I forgot". 

3--bhl.png.393aac8161593dd9422c89ce8cdca319.png

1 minute ago, deej said:

Your minions are shite

Well you have just insulted yourself. Anyway, let's get the ball rolling with Thursday's quiz since I'm bored and in 3rd..

And I scored a healthy seven. 

Don't need to post the link ... one of my underlings can do that. 

(Just kidding, I'm still one of the boys)

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=7413&sectionId=1

Mine too, buddie.  9 out of 10 for me.  Got the most points scored in the NRL wrong (what is it with these Australians and their Australian sports questions??).  Also guessed two right, Iced Tea and Elle King (no idea who she is).