The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Idea for the new cup.

Everyone is paired up randomly their scores are added together V another random pairing. You will know how your partner is before the question.
The winning pair are then through to the next round. This is where it gets exciting. Each pair is split up and new pairings are randomly selected and off we go again.

56 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Idea for the new cup.

Everyone is paired up randomly their scores are added together V another random pairing. You will know how your partner is before the question.
The winning pair are then through to the next round. This is where it gets exciting. Each pair is split up and new pairings are randomly selected and off we go again.

So basically it's like a foursomes (or was it fourballs) but you change teams every round? Aye... I could get with that (sorry, came over all American there). The inkling of an idea I had was to copy the format of the league cup and have mini-leagues of 4 or 5 teams - with perhaps seedings for the teams at the top of the Premiership. Any more thoughts welcome. 

However, I also welcome Kincardine's suggestion that we take a month's hiatus from cup duties so we can spend the weekends with our wives, girlfriends, whores and mistresses (I'm claiming ownership of the acronym WIGWAMs btw). 

So basically it's like a foursomes (or was it fourballs) but you change teams every round? Aye... I could get with that (sorry, came over all American there). The inkling of an idea I had was to copy the format of the league cup and have mini-leagues of 4 or 5 teams - with perhaps seedings for the teams at the top of the Premiership. Any more thoughts welcome. 
However, I also welcome Kincardine's suggestion that we take a month's hiatus from cup duties so we can spend the weekends with our wives, girlfriends, whores and mistresses (I'm claiming ownership of the acronym WIGWAMs btw). 

I'm into the whores. Wife said no!!

Danka, Kincharn is still on the pish first thing he celibate for a long time. For me. I good

15 hours ago, dee_62 said:

I reckon I got a 6 for the ride her quiz but no idea who I was meant to be playing. Did I get a point / walkover?

You and Supermik were up against Kincardine. Never got Supermik's score (I think the PM system broke) but Kincardine jammed a 7.

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

6/10 for Thur

Edit:  The answer to Q5 about states of matter is fucking bollocks.  I'm claiming a moral 7.

There was an episode of QI where they stated the answer was 6. These were:

• Solid
  • Gas
  • Liquid
  • Plasma
  • Bose-Einstein condensate
  • Fermionic condensate

I'm sure anyone who watched the show were screaming at the screen "WHAT ABOUT FUCKING QUARK-GLUON PLASMA?????" .. and indeed there are other candidates for inclusion.

But anyway, I got the question right so I'm no caring. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

You and Supermik were up against Kincardine. Never got Supermik's score (I think the PM system broke) but Kincardine jammed a 7.

There was an episode of QI where they stated the answer was 6. These were:

• Solid
  • Gas
  • Liquid
  • Plasma
  • Bose-Einstein condensate
  • Fermionic condensate

I'm sure anyone who watched the show were screaming at the screen "WHAT ABOUT FUCKING QUARK-GLUON PLASMA?????" .. and indeed there are other candidates for inclusion.

But anyway, I got the question right so I'm no caring. 

A "needing to get out more" type post.

50 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

A "needing to get out more" type post.

I'm getting out tonight, thank you very much, and I shall regale you and Tynieness with tales of some of the other states of the matter that didn't quite pass muster. Honestly, once I've had a couple of pints, I can't stop talking about neutron-degenerate matter. I'll even bring along and show you my "magical flashing light device" that lets you take the quiz when you're not on your PC.

Anyway, time for a league table or 3. 

Still a couple of RotWorlders sleeping off their hangovers I feel. WRK is in front, although Frankie might have something to say about that when he logs in. 

1-prem.png.3676f870535462d0ce71a5f06662a68f.png

An eye-pleasing complete SWL league sees a certain lang certain to return to the top shop. BWV is still dining out on tales of his Ride Her Haggard Cup exploits and sits bottom.

2-steal.png.b092778f15ba2464eee7f96a5b134de8.png

Another full roll-call in the BHL, and possibly some of the highest scores we've seen in this league. Supermik and Ross are edging at the moment, but effectively, there are 4 teams chasing 3 places. 

3--bhl.png.321f6fff25a5a30a4efa5f64d1a052e7.png

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Right lads, it's tomorrow in Australialand which means you can now legally do the quiz without having to get it on the darknet.

5/10 for Friday.

Bad luck to you all...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz

Sportingly put, Sir. And in honour of the sentiment, I recorded a relegation inducing 6.  You don't get away with two sub-optimal scores in the top league.