The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well, despite the howling gales and a stinking hangover, it truly is a Lovely Day. I asked how many times does Bill Withers sing "Lovely Day" .... tbh, the answer is a bit inconclusive. I've listened to it a dozen times but I'm still not sure and keep losing count.  Rest assured though - this type of question will see me until the new year. So get listening to repetitive songs. 

So it was Peasy vs Leeds Saint and gkneil vs the play-off virgin, johnnydun.

Johnnydun and Leeds Saint both went for 35 so  they've both shat the bed, whereas Peasy23 plumped for 78 and gkneil 75. 

No idea about the right answer but Peasy23 and gkneil win ... fill yer boots btw

I counted 98 times.

IMG_1606.JPG

54 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Nothing mate, sorry. (I'll owe you a pint of Drambuie for my bias towards Bilbao).

Final scores were Tynieness 15 (8+7) and CowdenO 16 (7+9), so CowdenO's strong second half performance sees him race past Tynieness in the home strait to lift the utterly fictitious Fucked-Up Cup.

Well done. They'll be dancing in the streets of Limerick etc, etc.

Trophy.png

"horse racing", Shirley?

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I counted 98 times.

You might have counted 98 times, old sausage, but you told me 35 times. 

Anyway, I'm going to do today's quiz live, as it were. 

Fucking hell. 4. What a p***k I am. And I got the unguessable questions right. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

NJ, our scores are mid-table/relegation fodder in the big league.  We're going straight back down next season. 
How the hell do you 'up your game' in Aussie quizzes?  What books and newspapers can you read?  Is it worth emigrating to the Antipodes for a better shot at glory?

Ye o little faith!

I’ve guessed my way to 6/10 for Monday. Could be a long season...