The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

6/10.  I was going to say I loved how everyone was quietly ignoring The Cardinals brainwave, but then it all backfired due to one PM.  Catalan style democracy in action IMO.  Ah, wtf, go for it sir, who knows by some fluke I might actually end up winning a league!

10 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm back! What have I missed? Are the play-offs sorted? How was alang1993's running of the tables? Did anyone miss me?

More seriously, welcome back.  All went well and AlaNg was a star.  Congrats on getting promotion to the, well, all-teams super-league.

A ghoulish 6/10 for me today.

21 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm back! What have I missed? Are the play-offs sorted? How was alang1993's running of the tables? Did anyone miss me? How the f**k did I manage to get promoted? 

edit: Right. I think there's been a f**k-up (HA!) ... Edmund should have been promoted automatically.. however, I'm tempted to demote him solely for that terrible answer on Gangnam Style. 

Can't mind who suggested it before, but how about - for this week only - we have one MASSIVE league table and that can be used to determine the new league placings?

It won't matter to me whether it's one big league table or ten wee ones, but yes, one big one to sort us all out seems fair.

48 minutes ago, deej said:

Are we changing the structure of the league mid season?? The power of becoming a mod has clearly gone to the Cardinals head

I was mod of this thread from day one big chief!

Just got back to work .. still hungover from my Prague do, I'm the wrong side of 40, pish weather, work piling up. Not in a good place. The only thing keeping me going is a one-off (or maybe once a year) MONSTERSUPERLEAGUE (was going to call it a spookerleague but that's too shite for words). 

And here's how it's going to work since I'm very busy this weekend. It will run for TWO weeks instead of one ... top 12 will go into the Premiership, next 12 into the SWL and the rest into the BHL. There will be no play-offs, except in the event of teams on the same QD  .. think of this as the NFL drafts or something else which is similar. 

If anyone is really unhappy with this development, feel free to form your own splinter league :)

logo1.png

p.s. Cowden0... there are meaningless games in every league ... I reckon it will be quite close.. and nobody will be quite sure which they're league (apart from the biggest and smallest scorers) until the last day. It's only a one-off anyway!

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu