The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

The contestants were obviously chomping at the bit.

First up BIK plumped for 123 mins

HE decided Honshu isn't that big! 94 mins

The fastest quoted time (via Osaka stations own website) is a nice round 150mins

@blackislekillie lives to fight another play off and our very own @Cardinal Richelieu returns with his tail between his legs to the SWL.

Here ends the scores of the Leeds jury, back to you in the studio.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Saint said:

The contestants were obviously chomping at the bit.

First up BIK plumped for 123 mins

HE decided Honshu isn't that big! 94 mins

The fastest quoted time (via Osaka stations own website) is a nice round 150mins

@blackislekillie lives to fight another play off and our very own @Cardinal Richelieu returns with his tail between his legs to the SWL.

Here ends the scores of the Leeds jury, back to you in the studio.

I can't help but blame you for this one Leedsy. If you hadn't forced my hand to declare my score, things might have transpired differently. 

Right. You've had yer chance. 

AFJ scoops his 3rd scoop. MSU is in second. Frankie fell on his sword, and all the Kings Horse's couldn't make me avoid relegation. BIK is in his 2nd play off this season. 

1-prem.png.8baf94783a8bd72acd51c4fb069e85c9.png

Edmund scoots back to the top-shop, edging out Salvo. Peasy23 is in the play-offs. Down in the nether regions... Dyl and SlipperyP are down, and Ross is in the play-offs.  Tynieness was probably too busy engaging in "extra-curricular activities" to post a score for Friday, despite me texting him twice. 

2-steal.png.04ebd7b058c72b5bfbedab874ff08348.png

gkneil romped the BHL. Ziggy and Sevesnape are equal 2nd. In the interests of fairness, I should have a separate play-off to decide who's in the play-off against Ross.. But in the interests of me having better things to do, it's not going to happen. So it's a 3 way play-off. 

3-beazer.png.97826ae746144579346c48a4b8cf54fd.png

In summary,  @blackislekillie vs @peasy23 and @Ross. vs @Ziggy vs @sevesnape ...

According to the highly accurate Wikipedia article I'm looking at, how many countries (including the Russians who are classed as "ANA") are competing at the Winter Olympics this year?

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Right. You've had yer chance. 

AFJ scoops his 3rd scoop. MSU is in second. Frankie fell on his sword, and all the Kings Horse's couldn't make me avoid relegation. BIK is in his 2nd play off this season. 

You deserve it just for not knowing the plural of 'horse'.

Edited by The_Kincardine

6 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

no. I was referring to "couldn't make me avoid relegation" belonging to the horse.

Honest.

I'll leave the parsing of, " all the Kings Horse's couldn't make me avoid relegation" to the jury of the quiz thread but I don't see a happy outcome for you, bud.

Well that's all the results in. I asked how many nations were competing at the Winter Olympics. The correct answer, according to Wikipedia, was 93. And although Time magazine says 92, I'm going with 93. 

First up, the Premiership play-off... Blackislekillie went for, in his words, "wildly inaccurate" 63 countries. Meanwhile, Peasy23 opted for a "scientific approach" and plumped for his old house number, 97. And it worked! Up goes Peasy23....

Meanwhile, in our 3 way play-off, Ross plumped for 80, Ziggy went for a very commendable 95, while Sevesnape shat the bed and said 50. So up goes Ziggy. Commiserations to Ross. and Sevesnape. 

edit: I'm an idiot. That would mean 3 relegated from the SWL and only 2 promoted. So Ross keeps his SWL spot. Hurrah!

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well that's all the results in. I asked how many nations were competing at the Winter Olympics. The correct answer, according to Wikipedia, was 93. And although Time magazine says 92, I'm going with 93. 

First up, the Premiership play-off... Blackislekillie went for, in his words, "wildly inaccurate" 63 countries. Meanwhile, Peasy23 opted for a "scientific approach" and plumped for his old house number, 97. And it worked! Up goes Peasy23....

Meanwhile, in our 3 way play-off, Ross plumped for 80, Ziggy went for a very commendable 95, while Sevesnape shat the bed and said 50. So up goes Ziggy. Commiserations to Ross. and Sevesnape. 

edit: I'm an idiot. That would mean 3 relegated from the SWL and only 2 promoted. So Ross keeps his SWL spot. Hurrah!

The highs and lows of P&B quizzing, all within the space of a few sentences. What a ride...

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=8783&sectionId=1

6 out of 10. 

btw.. has anyone taken the quiz early and not posted their score + the link cos it's shite? I know I have. lol chortle. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu