The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

On 06/02/2018 at 22:22, The_Kincardine said:

I did get my first-ever 6 in yesterday's Round Britain Quiz when I was driving from Manchester to Birmingham.  The question being:

Q1 (from George L. Gillespie)  According to the King James Bible, what type of fruit grows on the tree of knowledge of good and evil; how many wise men worship the infant Jesus in Matthew's Gospel; what type of fish swallows Jonah; and what is Mary Magdalene's profession?

Is the connection that there is no answer to any of them? ie. name of fruit not mentioned, Kings rather than wise men, whale rather than fish, and her profession wasn't mentioned?

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is the connection that there is no answer to any of them? ie. name of fruit not mentioned, Kings rather than wise men, whale rather than fish, and her profession wasn't mentioned?

Welshy, it's what the text of the bible says rather than what we know through legend, thus 'unknown/unspecified' rather than 'no answer':

'Fruit of the tree' though legend has it as an apple
'Wise men'/'Magi' rather than x of the aforementioned though legend has it as 3 given there were 3 gifts.
A great fish" though legend has it as a whale
Mary of Magdala had 7 demons cast out of her but her job isn't specified though legend has her as a prostitute.

Edited by The_Kincardine

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Welshy, it's what the text of the bible says rather than what we know through legend, thus 'unknown/unspecified' rather than 'no answer':

'Fruit of the tree' though legend has it as an apple
'Wise men'/'Magi' rather than x of the aforementioned though legend has it as 3 given there were 3 gifts.
A great fish" though legend has it as a whale
Mary of Magdala had 7 demons cast out of her but her job isn't specified though legend has her as a prostitute.

Bet she was a qualified auditor in charge of fish, loaves, water and wine counting.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bet she was a qualified auditor in charge of fish, loaves, water and wine counting.

So dinner lady rather than hoor?  

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'm sure it's a bloody apple. Have they been editing the Bible?

Aye, take it up with James VI

Hopefully this link works as I got in trouble the last time I didn't post it...

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz

Anyway, a middling 5 for Thursday and a superb for me 9 on Friday. Could have been a perfect 10 but guessed the sport one wrong. I was sure I'd heard of the guy in the sport I chose too.