The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Just thought of something else to moan about. 

Not a day goes past in the Aussie quiz without us being treated to questions about Aussie sports, Aussie politicos or Aussie reality TV - none of which any of us Northern Hemisphereans could reasonably be expected to know anything about. Yet the one subject which a few of us might be quite good is Aussie soaps - in particular Neighbours and Home & Away during the 80s and 90s. Yet I have NEVER seen them do a question on that subject.... "What breed of dog was Bouncer?" ... "Flamin' galah was the catchphrase of which Home & Away character?" ... "Why did everyone lust so much after Annalise when she wasn't that nice?"  ... would all be fair dinkum questions. 

Me, I've got an almost encyclopedic knowledge of Prisoner Cell Block H but I'm even wondering if it was actually Australian at all, given that they've never asked a question about it. It's like they've erased it from the national consciousness.

Anyway.. rant over. Need scores from the following folk before Slippery P weaves his magic...

• Premiership: Dublinmagyar, Pleslie99 (both Friday), Salvo (Thu-Fri), alang1993 (Tue-Fri)
  • SWL: NJ2 (Friday)
  • BHL: Lincoln Hearts (Fri), Dyl (Wed-Fri)

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Not a day goes past in the Aussie quiz without us being treated to questions about Aussie sports, Aussie politicos or Aussie reality TV - none of which any of us Northern Hemisphereans could reasonably be expected to know anything about. Yet the one subject which a few of us might be quite good is Aussie soaps - in particular Neighbours and Home & Away during the 80s and 90s. Yet I have NEVER seen them do a question on that subject.... "What breed of dog was Bouncer?" ... "Flamin' galah was the catchphrase of which Home & Away character?" ... "Why did everyone lust so much after Annalise when she wasn't that nice?"  ... would all be fair dinkum questions. 

Me, I've got an almost encyclopedic knowledge of Prisoner Cell Block H but I'm even wondering if it was actually Australian at all, given that they've never asked a question about it. It's like they've erased it from the national consciousness.

Anyway.. rant over. Need scores from the following folk before Slippery P weaves his magic...

• Premiership: Dublinmagyar, Pleslie99 (both Friday), Salvo (Thu-Fri), alang1993 (Tue-Fri)
  • SWL: NJ2 (Friday)
  • BHL: Lincoln Hearts (Fri), Dyl (Wed-Fri)

Was Daphne really a stripper and what the hell did she see in Des?

27 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Was Daphne really a stripper and what the hell did she see in Des?

Precisely! If I ever get round to doing the Ride Her Haggard Cup again, I might make it all about Neighbours. 

Opening question might be "Mind that storyline in Neighbours where Lou Carpenter was pumping Annalise? Wtf was that all about?" ... then I could give marks to the most creative answers. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

This would be terrific Head Scone material if anyone outside of the Quiz thread gave a f**k,