The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

11 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Is it ok to join this it is something that would interest me with being a quiz? 

If yes where do you find the questions?

Wouldn't do this for any of the p***ks that infect this place, but since you're new ... just post your scores for all 5 quizzes this week and you can join the league straight away. 

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

(btw, you'll have probably noticed that the quiz has a certain antipodean flavour. We've been trying to get a Northern Hemisphere daily quiz for about 3 years and failed miserably). 

Ladies and Gentlemen, with great pleasure I announce your QWC2018 semi-final results!
The first semi was between Saudi Arabia and Ellen Vannin. Cowden0 v AFJ. Two heavyweights of the World Cup and it was classic.
Saudi Arabia (cowden0) 7 v 9 Ellan Vannin (afj).
So AFJ has lead Ellen Vannin all the way to the final!
Who will he play?
The other semi seen Iceland play Poland and dublinmaygar test his knowledge against salvo’s.
Iceland (dublinmaygar) 7 v 7 Poland (salvo).
A draw! A bloody draw! 7 a piece in this late stage. Can only mean a shootout! A bloody shootout!
Let’s who will be singing when they are winning
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/21/world-cup-songs-quiz-three-lions-world-in-motion
If dublinmaygar and salvo can PM me their scores at some over the weekend I’d be much obliged.

3rd and 4th place playoff (that nobody gives a f**k about) will be Tuesday next week and the big one, the final, will be Friday 13th.

This concludes today’s QWC2018 announcement.

6 hours ago, Eednud said:

Looking for a new job? Here's a pre-season friendly quiz that might help. I got 12/12 so it must be easy.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-04/job-titles-quiz/9885484

I'm ashamed to say I got the first one wrong.  I'd heard of 'ships' chandlers', so I'd always assumed they were to do with fitting out ships.  Hence a toss-up between two answers.