The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

On 29/08/2018 at 15:12, MSU said:

7, 17, 21, 25, 36, 44, 49, 51, 57, 58

Still waiting on @wastecoatwilly to submit his cup score.

Link below... 

http://www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=1808300450384745&lnk&

In the meantime, please could someone give me ten numbers between one and sixty, excluding the ones that MSU picked last time? I'll start getting the second round questions ready. 

16 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Still waiting on @wastecoatwilly to submit his cup score.

Link below... 

http://www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=1808300450384745&lnk&

In the meantime, please could someone give me ten numbers between one and sixty, excluding the ones that MSU picked last time? I'll start getting the second round questions ready. 

4, 9, 10, 11, 14, 39, 52, 53, 55, 60

edit: Wasitcoatwilly on the scoreboard now btw, in case he hasn’t pm’d you. Could be an imposter right enough!

Edited by Christophe

Cheers, I'll give him till lunch then assume that's his score. 

Round Two categories are:

The Ancient World, Young People's Music, Triangles, US TV, Africa, Foreign Films, Burns, The Human Body, 20th  Century and Heads of State. 

I'd better think of some questions. f**k knows why I chose "Triangles" as a category.

High-time we looked at some league tables. Did I imagine it in a drunken dream, or did [mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention] say he was coming back to the fold?
image.png.f7c71d7981dd755e32f70f20c04d836e.png 
image.png.d0290c4aab7f1130644d408c452c0b57.png
image.png.f9987249feedb312dd6633518000e347.png

Knew 4 for sure, some educated guesses see the boys fire home an impressive 8
Sort out your shit cardi! Just cause I let you down in the cup doesn't mean you can just half my score!

5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Cheers, I'll give him till lunch then assume that's his score. 

Round Two categories are:

The Ancient World, Young People's Music, Triangles, US TV, Africa, Foreign Films, Burns, The Human Body, 20th  Century and Heads of State. 

I'd better think of some questions. f**k knows why I chose "Triangles" as a category.

You forgot Aussie Politics.

Time to bring Round One of the Dotting Invincibles Cup of Kings to a shuddering hault.

Many of our posters have spent years dreaming of a threesome, and for six of our competitors it has become a reality. The lucky people. 

The Captain who, confusingly, isn't the captain managed an impressive seven. wastecoatwilly has obviously spent the weekend on the piss celebrating Celtic's victory rather than concentrating on the real biggest rivalry in Scottish football, Lincoln's Lions vs Crusaders. That's the only reason I can think of for his paltry four. Backwards-poster Eednud was the star of the show though, with an impressive score of enin. 

As a St Mirren fan, alang1993 has, doubtless, been promised a dunk in Div's sauna if he leads his team to victory. Maybe that put him off as he had to settle for a six. Fellow Buddy LeedsSaint did better with seven. Yet another St Mirren fan (why are there so many? Who knew Div had friends? ) Goober Bud is, I think, relatively new to this quizzing and it wasn't his day with a dismal two. Not to worry, keep working on your game and before you know it you'll be reeling off lists of Aussie Finance Ministers and Japanese islands quicker than the Cardinal can set a filter on a Google Sheet.

Lincoln's Lions fight back again, nine-seven. 

After a frankly thrilling first round, we needn't have bothered. You have basically all wasted my time. b*****ds. It's all square! LINCOLN'S LIONS 4 CHRISTOPHE'S CRUSADERS 4.

We move onto Round Two, then. 

As agreed, the teams will be selected by our esteemed captains @LincolnHearts and @Christophe.

As before, this is a doubles round. As before, we have an odd number of players on each team, meaning one game will have to be trebles. A difference this time is that the winning team will be that which gains the higher total score, rather than whoever is the highest-scoring player among the four/six. 

Please can you each select your seven doubles teams and one trebles team, and list the order you would like them to play in. Send it to me by PM, please. 

A reminder of the teams to make it easier for you to choose... 

Lincoln's Lions

Lincoln Hearts, Tynierose, MSU, DublinMagyar, Eednud, The DA, Helpma, Ross., CaspianChris, German Jag, NJ2, Salvo Mantalbano, Ziggy, Adam101, wastecoatwilly, SlipperyP, The Captain

Christophe's Crusaders

Christophe, alang1993, Audaces Fortuna Juvat, Scotfree, Cowden0,  pleslie99, LeedsSaint, Cardinal Richelieu, Peasy23, gkneil, JamesP_81, Dyl, BigBo10, blackislekillie, Jacksgranda, Goober Bud, Welshbairn. 

A couple of rules, firstly, please can you list the trebles team last. Secondly, captains, please can you pick yourselves in the first doubles match. I think we are all gagging for a bit of Lincoln vs Christophe action. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa