The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Oh, and BigBo10, don't fucking buy those shirts. 

I bought a jacket from that firm, looked good in the picture but it was a right bit of tat and the sizing was all wrong. It was only about £20 so I just gave it to a charity shop rather try to send a return to China.

12 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

While the production values have certainly improved, it's nice to see some things haven't changed, like me denouncing Ross. for that ridiculous full stop in his name. 

And I owe Peasy23 an apology. I had no idea he was one of the founding members of the league - probably cos I always imagine him as a double act with Pleslie99 (and secretly thinking they were one and the same person).

I did have to wipe a small tear from my eye that there's only 5 of us founding members left and it's only ever going to decrease.  Like those pictures of old WWII codgers standing with his regiment on Remembrance Day every year until there's only one of them left. 

I should fucking think so. Faithfully entering my scores on time every week, only to get dog's abuse because my team play was of a similar standard of Tiger Woods at the Ryder Cup.

8 hours ago, pleslie99 said:
9 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:
Right. Scores needed from the following c***s:
  • Premiershit: Everyone has put their scores in. That's an early record. 
  • SWL: German Jag (Friday), gkneil (Wed-Fri), Salvo Mantalbano (all week)
  • BHL: wastecoastwilly (Friday), Dyl (Friday), Welshbairn (Thu-Fri), alang1993 (Wed)

What has happened to alang1993? Did he fall out a Window and land on his head? Strange to see him languishing at the bottom of the leagues

:(

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Right. Scores needed from the following c***s:

• Premiershit: Everyone has put their scores in. That's an early record. 
  • SWL: German Jag (Friday), gkneil (Wed-Fri), Salvo Mantalbano (all week)
  • BHL: wastecoastwilly (Friday), Dyl (Friday), Welshbairn (Thu-Fri), alang1993 (Wed)

Posted a 6 for Friday before you posted this,time we had VAR sponsored my specsavers. 

We're missing Dyl... but in the words of Blake in Glengarry Glen Ross "I'm going anyway" ...

Does lightning strike twice? It does for Edmund. He's top dog again. And I'm sure he's "stoked". I'll be severely disappointed if he doesn't post a video / picture of Lizzie Birdsworth (the original one) saying "YOU BLOODY RIPPER!". Congrats also to Helpma ... another expat ... who has scooped his first ever second. Whoever said there isn't a Scottish brain drain is quite clearly talking cobblers. 

Oh wait.  Forget what I said about a brain drain. Two more ex-pats ... MSU and Dublin Magyar are down. The dullards. Peasy23 is in the play-offs (if it, ahem, apPeases you Peasy23 for my earlier sleight ... the only Juniors game I've ever attended was at Petershill). 

image.png.309ae300be76a421c0a5ee3d0cc3f1aa.png

In the SWL, it's back-to-back promotions for the hottest ticket in town, Christophe (shame his leadership skills in the cup were somewhat lacking). Another re-pat expat - Caspian Chris - is up into the Premiership, and yet another expat (although he might live here) - German Jag - is in the play-offs. Seriously ... what is it that draws expats to an Australian quiz on a Scottish football forum? 

At the other end, LincolnHearts and BWV (ex-pat) are down. And despite a season's best from me on Friday, I'm still in the play-offs. 

image.png.408adbbcd2eeff68d2343a56bb5ebb0d.png

And so to the BHL. And quelle surpris, it's another ex-pat in top position. Well done to Ross. (arggghhh) - another founding father - who has yodelled his way to the top of the league. Tynierose is up and Leedsy (ex-pat) is in the play-offs. 

image.png.9d7b552c1f4f15ce1fcad0b8dde1cebe.png

So it's over to the King of the Ex-Pats ... @SlipperyP ... for this weekend's play-off question. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

@Cardinal Richelieu Kop Khun Krap (Thank you).

Last week the question was 99 Rid Balloons.  I posted that at 15:14 (BST), Off the Ball then played that tune at around 18:00.  They are stealing my patter!!!1!!

Anyway, it's a new weekend, which means a new questions, but first let's introduce this weeks contestants. 

Einsteins Weans

@peasy23 v @German Jag

&

McKinnons Bairns

@Cardinal Richelieu v @Leeds Saint

This weeks question.  Hope you all have been doing your homework.  Memory...How many islands make up the country of Japan.

Answers by PM only, Monday 06:00 Thai Time is the deadline.

Good Luck!

We're missing Dyl... but in the words of Blake in Glengarry Glen Ross "I'm going anyway" ...
Does lightning strike twice? It does for Edmund. He's top dog again. And I'm sure he's "stoked". I'll be severely disappointed if he doesn't post a video / picture of Lizzie Birdsworth (the original one) saying "YOU BLOODY RIPPER!". Congrats also to Helpma ... another expat ... who has scooped his first ever second. Whoever said there isn't a Scottish brain drain is quite clearly talking cobblers. 
Oh wait.  Forget what I said about a brain drain. Two more ex-pats ... MSU and Dublin Magyar are down. The dullards. Peasy23 is in the play-offs (if it, ahem, apPeases you Peasy23 for my earlier sleight ... the only Juniors game I've ever attended was at Petershill). 
image.png.309ae300be76a421c0a5ee3d0cc3f1aa.png
In the SWL, it's back-to-back promotions for the hottest ticket in town, Christophe (shame his leadership skills in the cup were somewhat lacking). Another re-pat expat - Caspian Chris - is up into the Premiership, and yet another expat (although he might live here) - German Jag - is in the play-offs. Seriously ... what is it that draws expats to an Australian quiz on a Scottish football forum? 
At the other end, LincolnHearts and BWV (ex-pat) are down. And despite a season's best from me on Friday, I'm still in the play-offs. 
image.png.408adbbcd2eeff68d2343a56bb5ebb0d.png
And so to the BHL. And quelle surpris, it's another ex-pat in top position. Well done to Ross. (arggghhh) - another founding father - who has yodelled his way to the top of the league. Tynierose is up and Leedsy (ex-pat) is in the play-offs. 
image.png.9d7b552c1f4f15ce1fcad0b8dde1cebe.png
So it's over to the King of the Ex-Pats ... [mention=29470]SlipperyP[/mention] ... for this weekend's play-off question. 

You bloody ripper (1:08). Is bugger me gently better than bugger me dead?

8 minutes ago, Eednud said:

You bloody ripper (1:08). Is bugger me gently better than bugger me dead?

Heh. Just watched that exact video in anticipation. And to answer your question, I believe one is foreplay and the other is drunken regret. ETA: Both are better than a "rotten bugger" though. 

For anyone who doesn't want to watch clips from an early 80s edgy Aussie soap ...

lizzie-birdsworth-3r9-pillows.jpg?wait=0

I've seen that pic before but I never realised you could buy the bugger. What a world we live in. 

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

If you ever make it to Oz you mad bugger I’ll shout you a beer.

This clip has nothing to do with any of this but Delvene Delaney is better looking than Lizzie B.

https://youtu.be/6bqZByl5oaA

Thanks Edmund. And she is a honey , but if I ever come to Oz - I'm sleeping in your spare room and drinking all your tinnies. 

Her mouth is wider than some straits.