The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Is that between us all?

Chortle. I've got a cunning wheeze. The first person to post and take the quiz could post all the answers surreptitiously (in spoilers so as not to attract attention). Then the rest of us dullards could breeze in with a 10/10, push up the average and make the rest of the British public feel pretty damned stupid as they're scrabbling about in the rough answering questions about Greek architecture and authors of books you've never heard of.

I might even set my alarm.

Dear Cardinal Richelieu,

Below is what you wrote about the quiz I set for last March 21st. Was it the fact you only got five right that got your goat so much or did you have some deeper grievance? I tried to cover a wide range of topics, avoid pop culture and other ephemera and also include some interesting little factoids. And you give it the hairdryer treatment!

So impress me with your intellect; show me how a quiz of your devising would be so much better.

Yours in faith,

Arsehole with a keyboard

http://www.theguardi...z-21-march-2014

The Friday Quiz is an abomination. They let any arsehole with a keyboard pose questions. Usually it's a Guardian set quiz.

Kudos to anyone who gets 10/10.

5 out of 10.

Dear Cardinal Richelieu,

Below is what you wrote about the quiz I set for last March 21st. Was it the fact you only got five right that got your goat so much or did you have some deeper grievance? I tried to cover a wide range of topics, avoid pop culture and other ephemera and also include some interesting little factoids. And you give it the hairdryer treatment!

So impress me with your intellect; show me how a quiz of your devising would be so much better.

Yours in faith,

Arsehole with a keyboard

The Friday Quiz is an abomination. They let any arsehole with a keyboard pose questions. Usually it's a Guardian set quiz.

5 out of 10.

To be fair that wasn't a bad quiz for a Friday, only got 4/10 though, so you're still an arsehole.

Dear Cardinal Richelieu,

Yours in faith,

Arsehole with a keyboard

5 out of 10.

Ha. Now I feel guilty and I take it all back :)
You're indeed right that my annoyance was more at my score rather than the quality of the quiz. It's a bit of a running joke that the Friday quiz is a lot harder than the rest of the week so practically every Friday I think up some petty jibe aimed at the question setter, never dreaming in a million years that they'd be reading this thread!
Just did your quiz again and there's a lot of my favourite topics in there, including politics, chemical elements and geography (I really should have done better). In case you don't believe me, here's my attempt from a couple of weeks later.
edit: feel free to call me an arsehole if you get a crap score :)
Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Ha. Now I feel guilty and I take it all back :)
You're indeed right that my annoyance was more at my score rather than the quality of the quiz. It's a bit of a running joke that the Friday quiz is a lot harder than the rest of the week so practically every Friday I think up some petty jibe aimed at the question setter, never dreaming in a million years that they'd be reading this thread!
Just did your quiz again and there's a lot of my favourite topics in there, including politics, chemical elements and geography (I really should have done better). In case you don't believe me, here's my attempt from a couple of weeks later.
edit: feel free to call me an arsehole if I get a crap score :)

7/10. You're clearly a master quiz setter Cardinal.