The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

7 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Still waiting on Kincardine (last 3 days), Alang1993 , Salvo, Dee_62, wastecoatwilly and sevesnape before I can reveal all (and give you the results lol). 

@LincolnHearts... did you ever manage to get into the archives / do you still want to participate?

6,3,9 for me.  Strange week.

Well that's the league wrapped up for another season. And it's certainly been an exciting one. 

Well done to AFJ who scoops his 4th crown and the respect of his peers. Edmund's late run only secured him 3rd place.  And the Irish-based Scottish Hungarian achieves his first ever second. At t'other end, it was tighter than Tynieness when it's his round with 4 teams on 28 points. But thanks to the vagaries of quid difference, Leedsy is down, and Peasy23 + NJ2 are both in the play-offs. 

1-prem.png.c54946509b826a5babee1d878ba5da5f.png

In the mid-tier, Alang1993 rockets back to the top-shop, with Salvo tagging along. Cowden0 is in the play-offs. He'll be disheartened to learn that the play-off question bears no relation to the population of the village he lives in.  

Meanwhile, Ziggy is up before the beaks for copying Cardinal Richelieu's answers every day this week. 

Down goes Ross. and his displeasing full stop in his name, along with Dyl. German Jag is in the play-offs. 

2-steal.png.57002d60da6de5756017b47cdcbcd8f9.png

And in the seaside leagues, a big salute to the Captain who hit a rich vein of form and romps it by 7 points.  gkneil is promoted on QD and Dee_62 is in the play-offs. 

3-beazer.png.19d7c1b87ff22fa1bf5bfe658e590403.png

And to the play-off.. usual rules apply (if you don't know the usual rules, they're buried somewhere in the last 1260 pages). 

It's @peasy23 vs @NJ2 vs @cowden0 and @German Jag vs @dee_62

The question. To celebrate the announcement of Half Man Half Biscuit's new album, the succinctly titled “No-one Cares About Your Creative Hub So Get Your Fuckin’ Hedge Cut” ...

How many yards of dental floss are mentioned in the lyrics and song "xxx yards of dental floss, and she still won't give me a smile" ??? ... PM me by Monday lunchtime. 

Two more things... one, here's a HMHB quiz I just found. And not an Aussie sports question in sight... I got a very pleasing 10 out of 10, although the "TV's first emetic" question was a punt. 

http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/quiz2488231c7d0d0.html

And finally, I've always said HMHB have a song for every occasion. One of their new tracks is called "Knobheads on Quiz Shows".... how very apt given that quiz a few members on this thread could be described as such. 

6 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Meanwhile, Ziggy is up before the beaks for copying Cardinal Richelieu's answers every day this week. 

In my defence, if I was going to copy, I would have picked someone else.

1 minute ago, DublinMagyar said:
26 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:
Apologies to DublinMagyar as one of the days was filled with guesses.
Off to the pub with Captain and Tynie this afternoon, although we should be in Munich. Ballix.

Which feckin pub? I'm sending big Liam Neeson.....

Starting in Spoons mate, and we'll take him no bother - there's three of us. :thumsup2

3 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Half Man Half Biscuit the Wirral`s finest balladeers. " All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit". Never did get It. Tynieness getting the first round in.??

I'm off to Prague next week - I'll get you one.

As for your last question............:lol::lol::lol::lol:

12 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
37 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:
Apologies to DublinMagyar as one of the days was filled with guesses.
Off to the pub with Captain and Tynie this afternoon, although we should be in Munich. Ballix.

Which feckin pub? I'm sending big Liam Neeson.....

He wouldn't hit a boy wae glasses....

15 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Half Man Half Biscuit the Wirral`s finest balladeers. " All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague away kit". Never did get It. Tynieness getting the first round in.??

I've actually got 2 ... sadly I can't give you one because I need one to wear and one in the wash.