The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

24 in the awesome Joe quiz. Loved the crisps questions. My ability to talk myself out of the correct answer on the European Championship question proved my undoing.

And so the controversy raged. With the post split fixtures seeing Team AFJ playing a day later they knew exactly what they had to do after Wullie's solid 7/10. A great training session on Thursday night set the boys up nicely and they were convinced that they could secure the title with a score of ten.

They were half right - 5/10.

Title hopes shattered, a few senior players released and agents put on high alert for next season.

The Friday quiz saw a 20/25.

Right. I've waited alang enough. Here's some league tables. 

Felicitations to WILLIEA who scoops his EIGHTH league crown. DublinMagyar achieves his second second. Downstairs, Captain couldn't cop it, Alang1993 never made an appearance and The DA is in the play-offs. 

1-prem.png.e1e9aad0d91231abc2282f435501c20b.png

In the SWL, Premiership stalwarts MSU and Cowden0 return to their spiritual home, and gkneil edges out the 31 pointers on QD to get into the play-offs. 

At the other end, Ross.'s (look how ugly that looks) malaise seems his relegated with German Jag... and as predicted by me, I'm in the play-offs. If only I could have bet on that outcome in the bookies. 

2-steal.png.2a01ae6fa6181e30eb94e6d9ea10d6bd.png

And they'll be dancing on the streets of Armadale AND Kilmarnock in the BHL, with ArmadaleKillie achieving his first ever mdal. Dee_62 is promoted. And Jacksgranda has had a cracking season and faces yours truly in the play-offs. 

3-beazer.png.7176f68975d41a11e8f74763f6d6ae09.png

So they play-offs see @The DA take on @gkneil and @Cardinal Richelieu take on @Jacksgranda

I asked @The_Kincardine but if he hasn't posted a question by, say, this evening, can someone else do the honours?

Right. Time to watch the Big Match and then go to Edinburgh to see Public Service Broadcasting. What a day of fun. 

9 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

So they play-offs see @The DA take on @gkneil and @Cardinal Richelieu take on @Jacksgranda

That's the results in.  The question was, How many words are there in the King James translation of the Bible of 1611?

Apparently the Q has been asked before (as confirmed by BWV and The Cardi) and the answer, according to WordCounter, is 783,137.

In The Big League play-off @The DA showed some working behind his answer.  "1000 pages at 600 words per page.  600,000 words".  @gkneil just gave a number, "I will go with 550,000 words for the bible."

Winner: The DA.

In The SWL League play-off @Cardinal Richelieu just guessed, "definitely asked this question but cannae remember either. I'll gan for 876,543".  His opponent, @Jacksgranda, made the fatal, if laudable,  mistake of having read the good book from cover to cover, which is why his estimate was so high. Quoth he, "I haven't a clue, although I've read them all - 2,350,289".

Winner: The Big Cardi.

So once again the lower league yins are struggling to win the playoffs.  Congrats to our Cruise Missiles, The DA and His Eminence.  Nae luck our Syrian Chemical Plants, gkneil and JG.

Edited by The_Kincardine

14 minutes ago, The DA said:

Gave you a greenie for the hard work, TK, though I suspect you'll be sick and tired of green by this time tomorrow.

Congrats on your win, buddy and I suspect you're right about tomorrow.  I usually regard The Quiz Thread as, understandably, a Sevco-free oasis.  I do, though, reserve the right to give you a GIRFUY quote your post if the unthinkable happens...

Cardinal, I think it's symptomatic of the modern Catholic Church that my first ever reddie should come from a man of the cloth and be for a congratulatory post.  

You shouldn't concern yourself with that kind of thing - your reward will come in heaven.