The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

@Bully Wee Villa - still don't have your score for Wednesday, do I?

Needing scores from Tynienrose, NJ2, JamesP, Helpma, Cowden0 (Thu and Fri), Alang1993 and Dyl and then we can finalise this SUPERLEAGUE. 

I quoted it literally the post after the last time you asked for it! 

Tsk, honestly. 

7, Guv. 

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

@Bully Wee Villa - still don't have your score for Wednesday, do I?

Needing scores from Tynienrose, NJ2, JamesP, Helpma, Cowden0 (Thu and Fri), Alang1993 and Dyl and then we can finalise this SUPERLEAGUE. 

Clearly His Eminence is finding the excitement of the SUPERLEAGUE too much this week.  10/10 for me for Friday - unless you just want to take the score the first time I did it.

On 26/07/2018 at 20:02, Helpma said:

6/10 for Friday seals our fate

On 26/07/2018 at 16:46, cowden0 said:

A scintillating and surprising 9 for Thursday. Fechin Coleman medal let me down.

On 26/07/2018 at 16:58, cowden0 said:

Piss poor and spawny 5 for Friday.

I knew I had posted them. Thought I was going senile.

15 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

A meh week now I've returned from my holidays. Scored 5, 7, 6, 6, 5. Not sure if they've changed the Silver Oxide question as there didn't seem to be an issue when I took it today? Three totally wrong options and one that could be and was correct?

My current bathroom literature includes several well-thumbed copies of Viz and the A-Z of chemical elements. Every schoolboy knows the chemical symbol for silver is Ag ... yet the fucking binlids down under thought the symbol for silver was Au. Of course, rather than do the right thing and leave it be (thus everyone is on a even playing field), they instead corrected it after 24 hours - so all latecomers effectively got a bonus point. 

There's something to be said for doing the quiz in a oner on a Friday. 

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

My current bathroom literature includes several well-thumbed copies of Viz and the A-Z of chemical elements. Every schoolboy knows the chemical symbol for silver is Ag ... yet the fucking binlids down under thought the symbol for silver was Au. Of course, rather than do the right thing and leave it be (thus everyone is on a even playing field), they instead corrected it after 24 hours - so all latecomers effectively got a bonus point. 

There's something to be said for doing the quiz in a oner on a Friday. 

The bar stewards! Although I don’t post on here anymore I still do the quiz. Couldn’t believe that I had the silver question wrong at the time.

6 hours ago, supermik said:

The bar stewards! Although I don’t post on here anymore I still do the quiz. Couldn’t believe that I had the silver question wrong at the time.

I think they should make this week The Asterisk Title.

PS Bring back the badges 

Those avatars look like shit btw 

WTF have you done with the league tables you cretin? Get 'em fixed. Nobody's irreplaceable.

It's safe to say you all love your new format league table with your ensconced avatar. Wee hint lads ... if you don't like your avatar in the league table, change it in P+B. A special shout out to Leeds Saint and DublinMagyar who apparently don't do avatars. Very much the ready salted of the P+B quiz league. 

Well AFJ has done it again. There's something about a SUPERLEAGUE that brings out the best in him. Cowden0 gains a creditable second place. And this is where it gets interesting. Remember, the new league format is 10/10/everyothercunt ... 

image.thumb.png.38e54f88b91a6f458c1db49a43f85c2c.png

gkneil sneaks into the top shop but Peasy23 can have no complaints. However, QD comes into play for the SWL qualifier with 5 (fünf) teams tied on 27 points. QD has decreed that SlipperyP (that guy who used to post play-off questions) goes up against Jacksgranda ... so I will post the question now. 

So @SlipperyP vs @Jacksgranda ...

Here's your play-off question... and it's a cheery one ... How many people died building the Panama Canal (including those who died of disease) ?

It's the hottest question in Christendom ... how many people died building the Panama Canal?

SlipperyP went for a round 2,000. Jacksgranda went for 7,286 with the addendum "Probably not half enough" ... who knew Jacksgranda bore such a grudge against canal workers in Central America?

The answer, according to the first website I could be arsed to click on, was 5,609. 

Therefore, I'm happy to announce that @Jacksgranda is hereby promoted to the SWL. 

4 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's the hottest question in Christendom ... how many people died building the Panama Canal?

SlipperyP went for a round 2,000. Jacksgranda went for 7,286 with the addendum "Probably not half enough" ... who knew Jacksgranda bore such a grudge against canal workers in Central America?

The answer, according to the first website I could be arsed to click on, was 5,609. 

Therefore, I'm happy to announce that @Jacksgranda is hereby promoted to the SWL. 

According to the first website I clicked on (after I had submitted my score, obviously) it was 22,000. So my guess wasn't a third enough, although I would still have won.