The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Okay then. 

It's time to explain the quiz I said I would start in July. I'm more or less on time. 

Scotland has had a history which has often seen rebellion and war. 

Picts vs Gaels, Jacobites vs Williamites, clan vs clan, Nationalists vs Unionists. These are just a few of the disputes which have divided and shaped a nation. 

Scottish football, too, has seen its fair share of conflict. We can probably all remember many great battles between Hibs and Hearts, Celtic and Rangers, Dundee and United and, most violent of all, Clyde fans and... other Clyde fans. 

No rivalry has captured the imagination though quite like this one. A sheer, unadulterated hatred which has fractured Scottish society and brought all of Pie and Bovril to its knees. 

I talk, of course, of the war between... 

Lincoln Hearts 

and

Christophe.

If anyone particularly wants to be on Team Lincoln Hearts or Team Christophe, let me know. Either by PM or just by posting in here. 

I plan to divide the teams based on teams supported and seeding according to performance and past quiz leagues. But I'll probably just get lazy and fill up the teams by random draw. 

Unless anyone says they don't want to partake, I'll just assume everyone that is in the league will take part. If anyone doesn't want to enter, let me know. It will save us having matches decided by forfeit.

Likewise, if anyone who isn't in the league fancies joining, you'd be more than welcome.

Particularly @Christophe so that his team can have their titular head. 

As it stands, we are likely to have an odd number of players. But I may have thought of a cunning plan to get round that. 

All will be revealed next week when the format for the first (and probably only) Dotting Invincible Cup of Kings is unveiled.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Heh. Nice idea BWV :) ...  as both a moderator and a member of the clergy, I can't be seen to choose sides. But I definitely want to take part ... stick me in whichever team has the fewer members. 

Meanwhile, in league news, here are some league tables. 

image.png.a6800681ff6a2706e174ddb462b69617.png

image.png.a89f77d84348352979702f3c0fee2c81.png

In BHL total column results news, managed to figure out how to change the colour back to grey. And by doing so, the Tot cell changed to orange. 

image.png.85023199a05234d73810daf050f61814.png

image.png

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

19 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Heh. Nice idea BWV :) ...  as both a moderator and a member of the clergy, I can't be seen to choose sides. But I definitely want to take part ... stick me in whichever team has the fewer members. 

Meanwhile, in league news, here are some league tables. 

image.png.a6800681ff6a2706e174ddb462b69617.png

image.png.a89f77d84348352979702f3c0fee2c81.png

In BHL total column results news, managed to figure out how to change the colour back to grey. And by doing so, the Tot cell changed to orange. 

image.png.85023199a05234d73810daf050f61814.png

image.png

Does the top division not get enough coverage without publishing their table twice? (And two different tables, at that!)

9 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Does the top division not get enough coverage without publishing their table twice? (And two different tables, at that!)

Heh. Blame Scotfree and his posting of his score whilst I was posting the league tables. Now fixed!

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Will the cup go on forever and have some alias cups or will it end when you want it to end?

Make it like the intertoto or have UCL style qualifiers which start the second that Sergio Ramos puts the trophy down after he has just raised it in the air.