The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

That was brutal. 6/10. Far too many Aussie-specific questions, all four of which I got wrong.

Rather bizarrely, Druk Yul came up in a pub quiz I did tonight.

Semi-educated guess (which are the only kind I can land ATM) on Donatello. Knew the other 4.

Miss the Guardian quiz. Shame The Times daily quiz is behind a paywall.

Edited by Frankie S

That was brutal. 6/10. Far too many Aussie-specific questions, all four of which I got wrong.

Rather bizarrely, Druk Yul came up in a pub quiz I did tonight.

Semi-educated guess (which are the only kind I can land ATM) on Donatello. Knew the other 4.

Miss the Guardian quiz. Shame The Times daily quiz is behind a paywall.

Maybe someone with access could copy and paste the Times quiz on here?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-times-daily-quiz-373hltg0m?shareToken=c83d1ee46f5c820cd93b6733938781e4

Does this link work? Should add that I have access to The Times through subscription to The Australian although am sure it was supposed to have expired over a year ago. The quiz isn't interactive though.

35 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

Yeah, if you call winning £166.66 (a sixth share of a grand) on Eggheads and the occasional bottle of wine or case of beer in a pub quiz 'professional', I guess.

Been a while since I watched it, but aren't there only 5 to a team? Did you bribe one of the Eggheads to let you win?

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Been a while since I watched it, but aren't there only 5 to a team? Did you bribe one of the Eggheads to let you win?

Six to a team, including reserve. Five appear on the show. Would be a bit unfair to cut the player who hung around all day and didn't get on the show out of a share.

Know a few of the Eggheads fairly well - all are of unimpeachable character, CJ excluded. Mind you, you wouldn't need to bribe him to beat him, he's just not that good.

Edited by Frankie S

4 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

Six to a team, including reserve. Five appear on the show. Would be a bit unfair to cut the player who hung around all day and didn't get on the show out of a share.

Know a few of the Eggheads fairly well - all are of unimpeachable character, CJ excluded. Mind you, you wouldn't need to bribe him to beat him, he's just not that good.

The reserve explains it.

As for CJ, if it came to it you could just offer him an alibi.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-times-daily-quiz-373hltg0m?shareToken=c83d1ee46f5c820cd93b6733938781e4

Does this link work? Should add that I have access to The Times through subscription to The Australian although am sure it was supposed to have expired over a year ago. The quiz isn't interactive though.

Yeah, that works for me cheers.

Only got four despite the advantage of being a Brummie for one of them.