The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Well alang can do the very unlikely and get a full boat in Friday's quiz, we have a new champion. Congratulations to ArabDownUnder! And commiserations to FrankieS who narrowly missed out on some silverware.

Trophy Cabinet M Tu W Th F TOTAL
Arabdownunder 1x© 5 7 9 9 7 37
WhiteRoseKillie 6x© 3x② 6 9 8 6 8 37
Frankie S   7 7 9 6 7 36
Edmund 4x② 8 7 6 7 8 36
eckthearab 5x② 7 8 8 6 6 35
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsDayman 1x② 6 7 8 6 7 34
The_Kincardine   7 5 7 5 6 30
Cardinal Richelieu   5 5 8 4 7 29
Leeds Saint 1x© 2x② 4 9 6 4 6 29
WILLIEA   4 6 7 5 6 28
welshbairn   7 7 5 4 5 28
Peasy23   4 5 5 7 7 28
alang1993 3x© 7 6 7 7   27
Bully Wee Villa 1x© 5 5 7 5 5 27
Blackislekillie   5 5 6 5 6 27
Ross.   5 6 5 4 5 25
BigBo10   4 4 6 6 4 24
Swarley   5 4 4 4 7 24
Jagfox99   5 2 7 5 5 24
die hard doonhamer   3 3 5 6 6 23
Jacksgranda   4 2 6 5 5 22
G_Man1985   3 5 5 4 5 22
Marr1   7 6 6 2   21
Dee_62   4 6 4 2 5 21
Supermik   2 4 4 5 5 20
SlipperyP   5 1 4 4 4 18
Jacksgranda   4 2 6 5 5 22

And now over to the chat for the league / cup draw...

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Right. The chat wasn't working ... but the following teams will find themselves playing in the Premier League next week...

1. Bully Wee Villa
  2. Leeds Saint
  3. Arabdownunder
  4. Deej
  5. Supermik
  6. Welshbairn
  7. Blackislekillie
  8. Dee_62
  9. G_Man1985
  10. WillieA
  11. Ross
  12. Die Hard Doonhamer
  13. Eckthearab
  14. Frankie S

There's some big names missing out the top league, so it's up for grabs for everyone! All other teams - including me - go into the Beazer Homes League.. but with three promotion / relegation places, it should settle down soon enough. 

And in the cup... the first 6 names on the list above receive a bye. Everyone else... please PM me the score you got in the quiz posted at the end... the highest score in each tie will go through to the next round next week!

• WILLIEA vs Frankie S
  • G_Man1985 vs BigBo10
  • Edmund vs Peasy23
  • The_Kincardine vs eckthearab
  • Cardinal Richelieu vs alang1993 (f**k. another big team... oh well, at least it should generate some much needed revenue)
  • Marr1 vs die hard doonhamer
  • Dee_62 vs Jacksgranda
  • Ross. vs Jagfox99
  • Swarley vs Blackislekillie
  • SlipperyP vs WhiteRoseKillie

And here's the quiz... gone back to our spiritual home again.. The Guardian! 

https://www.theguardian.com/news/quiz/2013/sep/17/daily-quiz-17-september-2013

Please have your scores in to me by Monday lunchtime! Good luck!!! 

Congrats to Arabdownunder and nae luck WRK.  37 is an excellent score.  What's the highest we've ever had?  30 is the highest I've ever had (I think) and it still puts me well out of the euro places.

Oh and a home tie against 5x runner up and quizzing royalty?  Sake, Cardy!  Still, at least I understood every question even if I certainly didn't know every answer.

21 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Congrats to Arabdownunder and nae luck WRK.  37 is an excellent score.  What's the highest we've ever had?  30 is the highest I've ever had (I think) and it still puts me well out of the euro places.

Oh and a home tie against 5x runner up and quizzing royalty?  Sake, Cardy!  Still, at least I understood every question even if I certainly didn't know every answer.

I believe the highest ever was alang1993 last week with a mighty 40. Think I got my best ever score. 

And re: your second point. I know how to pick 'em. Drew WRK in last month's cup. 

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

How were the league places decided @Cardinal Richelieu ?

Well, it went back and forward for a while... but the consensus was just to draw names out of an electronic hat. But there's quite a few big names languishing in the lower leagues, so it'll take me a while to get promoted!

Well done arabdownunder on yer league win. Keep that tangerine flag flying high [emoji6] Unlucky WRK.
So cup time again eh, thank you very much Kincy for the flattering description. I am truly touched [emoji854] though I take nothing for granted going into our tie. Best of luck!!

21 minutes ago, eckthearab said:

PM sent for cup. But alas I fear my royal crown has slipped Kincy so best of luck in next round. Maybe I should have left the quiz till tomorrow when the euphoria of tonight's big match win had died down.

I watched tonight's game on a stream.  I didn't shout, "Yesss" when Oor Cammy saved the penalty.  Not at all ;)

As for the cup? Cardy has my score too.  I recorded an acceptable 7/10.  I'd have been happy with a point more but my Latin let me down.

I watched tonight's game on a stream.  I didn't shout, "Yesss" when Oor Cammy saved the penalty.  Not at all [emoji6]

As for the cup? Cardy has my score too.  I recorded an acceptable 7/10.  I'd have been happy with a point more but my Latin let me down.

An utterly abysmal 3. And I certainly did jump out of my seat in the Jerry Kerr when cammy [emoji7] saved the pen [emoji106]