The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

50 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Good news - 7/10 for Thursday

Bad news - My fully deserved champion scarf is too big to be uploaded for my signature and picresize.com doesn't recognise the format. 

Sake.

Weird cos it was working before. Try this scarfette instead. 

scraf.png.9f59f33e3a69f73d72594ac2b0b47952.png

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Eight out of ten, Cocktail ingredient and Aussie hobby person incorrect...

I will never ever, ever, ever get that one wrong. When I moved to the UAE my first neighbour was from Bishopbriggs and had, how can we put this, a rather healthy appetite for alcohol. He introduced me to Long Island Iced Teas on my second night there, meaning my third day there was a total and utter fucking write off. Exorcist style projectile vomiting, the lot.

3 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I will never ever, ever, ever get that one wrong. When I moved to the UAE my first neighbour was from Bishopbriggs and had, how can we put this, a rather healthy appetite for alcohol. He introduced me to Long Island Iced Teas on my second night there, meaning my third day there was a total and utter fucking write off. Exorcist style projectile vomiting, the lot.

I'm amazed that that revolting mixture of spirits is quite tasty and not head exploding if you're a sentient being and stick to one or two at happy hour. Still managed to get the answer wrong though.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I'm amazed that that revolting mixture of spirits is quite tasty and not head exploding if you're a sentient being and stick to one or two at happy hour. Still managed to get the answer wrong though.

I had had a few beers at the local in Al Ain that night and was amazed at how, "palatable", the LIIT seemed at the time in my neighbour's house. I have no recollection of leaving his house/returning my house, or pretty much anything at all until wakening up the next day with an exploding head and a stomach that just kept emptying. I also remember that it was the first time I had seen Scotch & Wry or heard Runrig, but that was very much the earlier part of the night.

2 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I had had a few beers at the local in Al Ain that night and was amazed at how, "palatable", the LIIT seemed at the time in my neighbour's house. I have no recollection of leaving his house/returning my house, or pretty much anything at all until wakening up the next day with an exploding head and a stomach that just kept emptying. I also remember that it was the first time I had seen Scotch & Wry or heard Runrig, but that was very much the earlier part of the night.

Home made ones would probably be ninetuples. I understand your trauma.

Idea for the new cup.

Everyone is paired up randomly their scores are added together V another random pairing. You will know how your partner is before the question.
The winning pair are then through to the next round. This is where it gets exciting. Each pair is split up and new pairings are randomly selected and off we go again.

56 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Idea for the new cup.

Everyone is paired up randomly their scores are added together V another random pairing. You will know how your partner is before the question.
The winning pair are then through to the next round. This is where it gets exciting. Each pair is split up and new pairings are randomly selected and off we go again.

So basically it's like a foursomes (or was it fourballs) but you change teams every round? Aye... I could get with that (sorry, came over all American there). The inkling of an idea I had was to copy the format of the league cup and have mini-leagues of 4 or 5 teams - with perhaps seedings for the teams at the top of the Premiership. Any more thoughts welcome. 

However, I also welcome Kincardine's suggestion that we take a month's hiatus from cup duties so we can spend the weekends with our wives, girlfriends, whores and mistresses (I'm claiming ownership of the acronym WIGWAMs btw). 

So basically it's like a foursomes (or was it fourballs) but you change teams every round? Aye... I could get with that (sorry, came over all American there). The inkling of an idea I had was to copy the format of the league cup and have mini-leagues of 4 or 5 teams - with perhaps seedings for the teams at the top of the Premiership. Any more thoughts welcome. 
However, I also welcome Kincardine's suggestion that we take a month's hiatus from cup duties so we can spend the weekends with our wives, girlfriends, whores and mistresses (I'm claiming ownership of the acronym WIGWAMs btw). 

I'm into the whores. Wife said no!!

Danka, Kincharn is still on the pish first thing he celibate for a long time. For me. I good