Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 1/25/2017 at 18:46, Salvo Montalbano said:

I am planning on doing the same @Jambomo although I don't deal well with the heat and it can get pretty toasty over there. Might be a cheeky Easter holiday this year or next. You can stay in his apartment - it's a B and B when it's not being used for filming. 

Does Livia bring you breakfast in bed?  BTW she's English-born and married to Roma's Daniele De Rossi.  Worth going to Sicily for.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Ah, but which Livia? Original (Swedish or Swiss possibly?) Livia played by Katherina Bohm (whose dialogue was dubbed but she did get her kit off), replacement Livia as played by the other blonde woman or Young Montalbano's Livia played by the English lassie? Why not all three, eh? 

Is that included in the B&B pricing?

BTW I loved his flat and would happily stay there.

On 28/01/2017 at 00:48, The_Kincardine said:

Is that included in the B&B pricing?

BTW I loved his flat and would happily stay there.

I loved the flat as well. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Young Montalbano series and the old one were so similar when it came to locations and interior scenes.

On 1/31/2017 at 16:09, Jambomo said:

I loved the flat as well. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Young Montalbano series and the old one were so similar when it came to locations and interior scenes.

80 Continental European Euros a night but no access to the kitchen.  I'd happily have a shot at that:

http://www.discoveringsicily.com/la_casa_di_montalbano.php?indice=29&language=en

For anyone that has Sky Box Sets and can't think what to watch have a go at Green Wing.
It is from 2004 and a comedy set in a hospital, it's absolutely brilliant and I just watched the whole thing again with my missus, she couldn't believe that she had missed it first time round. The writing, acting and situations the characters find themselves in are out of this world. A lot of now very famous UK actors in it. And the recently deceased A.A.Gill said "...it was one of the most freshly funny and crisply innovative comedies for years. The humour was all based in the character, not the situation. The story lines were negligible; there were no catch phrases; it was surreal in a way we hadn't seen since Monty Python; and the cast were actors being funny from inside a characterisation, not stand-up comics bolting a cartoon persona onto the back of gags."
The funniest thing I have watched in years so if you have not seen it please do yourself a favour and watch it. Just noticed it is on C4 On Demand as well.

It's a shame the 2nd series is a pale shadow of the first though. It's almost as though they didn't expect a 2nd series and didn't know what to do. "Let's have more of the Scottish woman being wacky, and draw out the love triangle soap opera" seems to have been the result.

Still, series 1 is exceptionally good. Between that, Black Books, and Spaced, C4 had about 6 years of some of the best British comedy. Often involving the same people...

On 12/01/2017 at 18:54, welshbairn said:

Just noticed the amazing Death in Paradise is on again, 9pm BBC1. Apparently it's episode 2 in a new series, but be assured, we won't have missed much. Greenie from all contestants to whoever guesses the murderer first. No bets allowed before kick off.

Kris Marshall is leaving, to be replaced by Ardel O'Hanlon

4 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

That's excellent news, Marshall is fucking squirmingly awful. Might resurrect the competition when Ardel takes over, it's too painful to watch at mo.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, WILLIEA said:

Apparently he's on tonight and the team go to London to investigate some murder that one of us will have solved before the titles have gone down. The game is back on gentlemen, a greenie from all contestants for the first person to guess the ruthless killer.