Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Document: 72 hours, on the NHK World tv channel, Tues mornings.

As the title, a camera crew spends 3 days in a specific location in Japan asking folk why they're there, what it means to them etc.

Locations vary from a classic motorbike rally, a Tokyo city off-licence, carp fishing pond, National Parks etc 

Fascinating 

6 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

As the title, a camera crew spends 3 days in a specific location in Japan asking folk why they're there, what it means to them etc.

Locations vary from a classic motorbike rally, a Tokyo city off-licence, carp fishing pond, National Parks etc 

Fascinating 

Totally addicted to NHK these days.  Fully expecting @sjc to pop up with an AdLib Dale Carrick moment at some point.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Totally addicted to NHK these days.  Fully expecting @sjc to pop up with an AdLib Dale Carrick moment at some point.

Yeah, it's a gem of a tv channel, France24 can be good too, more news based mind you. 

Hope @sjc is ok, know he's been fighting serious illness. 

16 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Fascinating 

It’s a great concept that show. One I saw recently was on a beach in (I think) Miyazaki Prefecture with multiple anglers using the New Years holidays to try and catch a particular type of fish. Wholesome stuff. There was one set in a deposit box/storage type place that seems to stick in the mind too for having some pretty illuminating threads.

11 hours ago, Enigma said:

It’s a great concept that show. One I saw recently was on a beach in (I think) Miyazaki Prefecture with multiple anglers using the New Years holidays to try and catch a particular type of fish. Wholesome stuff. There was one set in a deposit box/storage type place that seems to stick in the mind too for having some pretty illuminating threads.

Yeah, it's a nice 30 minutes viewing, a couple that stick out were a marathon race around Japan, I think only a handful finished it.

And, a goldfish/carp pay & catch pond in the heart of the city, all walks of life used it. 

55 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Yeah, it's a nice 30 minutes viewing, a couple that stick out were a marathon race around Japan, I think only a handful finished it.

And, a goldfish/carp pay & catch pond in the heart of the city, all walks of life used it. 

I’ve seen the ultramarathon one - that was sensational. Not seen the carp pond and there’s only three on the on demand app, so hopefully they repeat it at some point.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Did he try to convince the panel that he had a personality.

In case anyone hasn't watched it, this will go in a spoiler

Spoiler

He admitted to stopping Pele signing a bag because he liked the bag and thought the signature would ruin it.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Anyone else noticed how many adverts you get before films you've downloaded from Sky on-demand now? I didn't actually watch them, but it was 4 mins worth this time. You used to go straight into the film, or occasionally get the Casillero del Diablo one.

Better than the STV Player, where you get Susan Calman 3 or 4 times per 1 hour show.